PDA

View Full Version : WWYD, waitlist stress…

luvDaMouse
03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
My trip date is 4/26-4/30 and I have never once had a waitlist come through so :( … I am stressing a bit over this one because it is my step-moms first trip and I want it to be special and not overwhelming with a split stay. With that said, I am booked for our arrival night at OKW, then the next 4 nights at VWL (studio). I am waitlisted for the first night at WL (Thursday) and also waitlisted for the entire stay at BWV. Should I wait it out and hope my waitlist comes through for WL? I don’t have much hope for BWV, all but sat is booked at BW. OR, should I book a 1br for the first night at WL, which is available?
Then I would at least be in the same resort and just have to move rooms. (Is it really worth it for 20 additional points for one night?) We arrive on Thursday late afternoon and will not be visiting a park so just dinner and sleep. Right now I have an ADR at Kona. If waitlist doesn’t come through we may just take boat to DTD for dinner. Then up early for our segway tour in Epcot on Friday, so we could just have our bags sent to VWL. We would be spending the day at the garden festival in Epcot so waiting for a room to be available wouldn’t be a big deal. WWYD? I am almost thinking since we won’t have time to get to downtown it might be easy to do that the first night and OKW would be convenient ??? what to do...what to do…… :confused:

Any advice? :unsure:
Dana
:mickey:

Goofeygal
03-07-2012, 12:22 PM
How about just the one nite at the regular rooms at WL?

luvDaMouse
03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Thought about paying cash for the first night in the studio, not sure how much it will be with DVC discount (or if it is even available) but I have the points and I am trying to keep the costs down. Airfare is a KILLER this year :(

wildernesslady
03-07-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't think it's worth the extra points if you have to switch rooms. Your bags will either have to be stored at WL or transported to WL from OKW after your first night. We have enjoyed staying at OKW and it will give your stepmom the opportunity to visit 2 resorts. Good luck with the wait lists. We have not had luck with them either, but I was always trying during busier times. Have a great trip.

disneymom15
03-07-2012, 02:05 PM
We've done 3 DVC stays to date. We were waitlisted on 2 of those stays. Of the 2, we got 1 of our waitlist requests. It really wasn't that big of a deal to transfer to our second resort. Good luck with your request, hope you get it.

Aurora
03-07-2012, 11:50 PM
If it were me, I'd take the 1-bedroom at VWL for the first night if you can keep the waitlist. I'd say split the stay if it was more than one night at OKW, but for just one night, I think I'd rather not have to worry about changing.

We've always had good luck waitlisting for the BW. Hope yours comes through.

Checkers
03-08-2012, 08:05 PM
:mickey:We love OKW and I think your idea of taking the boat to DTD the first night would be very enjoyable especially since you are not going to get a chance to go there. We love the boat to DTD! Transferring your luggage is very easy so that shouldn't be a concern either.

For what it's worth, we have never had a WL come through either! I know you will have a great time no matter what. Let us know what you decide. Have fun!