PDA

View Full Version : The Wave Reviews

disneynarula
03-07-2012, 02:37 AM
Looking for reviews on The Wave. We ate there when it first opened but not recently. I am looking for something on the monorail loop and we don't want to do O'Hana or Chef Mickey's. We also don't want to do the California Grill, we are going to be on the DDP and don't want to use two credits.

RAIDER
03-07-2012, 03:13 AM
The WAVE is all i can describe as an OK sort of restuarant . The food is ok and well as the menu the setting for me is rather drab and compared to Ohana California Grill its a poor 3rd ...Theres much better places to eat .:thumbsup:

disneynarula
03-07-2012, 05:16 AM
The thing is...
I know tons of people love O'Hana and I can see why with the endless meat and the fun things for kids.

I am not a real big fan. Nobody in our party are big meat eaters and one is a vegetarian. I also think it is really loud there.

The California grill is nice but IMHO not worth 2 TS credits. I would do it if we were paying OOP but everyone wants to do the DDP but me so we are going ahead with it.

I was looking for something near the MK for a TS but I am not a big fan of any of the TS in the Magic Kingdom.

Ms. Mode
03-07-2012, 06:00 AM
We ate at The Wave on our New Year's trip this January. I had made the ADRs 180 days out and then started reading not so good reviews here and became concerned. Well...the food was very good. Even though the parks were extremely crowded this was a quiet (er) spot for dinner; NO it is not themed like other areas of the parks, but that was "ok". It's a good place for a large group to have dinner also because you don't feel so rushed. :mickey:

greengeen
03-07-2012, 07:25 AM
We ate lunch there in Feb. and LOVED it. We're vegetarian. They have a great veggie cuban sandwich and the salad was to die for. Good desserts and wine selection.

disneynarula
03-07-2012, 09:56 AM
That is good to know from a vegetarian perspective. Thanks for posting. I also like less themed TS since we are in the parks all day. We are eating at Sci Fi for the kids. We will get our full of Disney Style eating there. At some point I just want a nice quiet meal.

faline
03-07-2012, 10:05 AM
We've dined here three times with variable results. The first time, we were without a dining reservation and unable to find one so we ate at the bar. The food was excellent. So good that we planned to dine here on our next trip. That time, the food was mediocre. On our last trip, we dined here - more out of convenience than for an overwhelming desire to eat here (We were attending Mickey's very merry following dinner) and found it to be good but not excellent.

#1donaldfan
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I can only speak of the breakfast there and it was wonderful !!!! We have done it twice and both times the food was perfect !!!! :cool:

JROriole8Fan
03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
We've eaten virtually at every table service restaurant (V&A will be this summer for my DW's 50th!). We've done breakfast and dinner at the Wave. Both were terrible. The food wasn't very good and the service was pathetic. There are way too many other wonderful places to go.