PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade child's dining to adult?

slindzy
03-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Has anyone upgraded a child's dining to an adult? How much is it? I have a child's dining and he is not happy that he has to order off the children's menus when the rest of us get to order "real food".

Any help appreciated.

BrerGnat
03-05-2012, 06:47 PM
The only way to do it is to change the child's age on the reservation. However, doing so will obligate you to upgrade the park tickets as well, to "adult" price.

Or, you can just skip the dining plan and pay out of pocket so your child can order whatever he wants.

magicofdisney
03-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Are you referring to table service meals? If it's a buffet, he'll have access to the same foods as the adults. If it's not a buffet, I've heard about recent changes in the menus so that kids aren't stuck eating just pb&j, macaroni or nuggets. You could check out the menus where you're planning to eat and see if there's anything that may interest him.

DizneyRox
03-05-2012, 09:51 PM
The only way to do it is to change the child's age on the reservation. However, doing so will obligate you to upgrade the park tickets as well, to "adult" price.

True, but there is hardly a difference between the cost of a child and adult ticket. A 7 day ticket works out to about $20 difference. For "free" dining, everyone should be an adult.

KAT1811
03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
I've done it. You do have to upgrade the ticket media too but the difference in price was minimal. Just tell the agent that you want your "child" to be upgraded to the adult meal plan and they can tell you the exact pricing. I just explained that my child didn't care for kid food and I was willing to pay the difference.

mook3y
03-06-2012, 03:02 AM
We just did it with the free dining promotion.

For our family, It is worth it for the $20 difference for our kids to be able to order from the adult menu.

BrerGnat
03-06-2012, 08:10 AM
The OP asked how much it would cost to upgrade the dining plan, so I assumed they were NOT using a Free Dining promotion.

So, the cost is the difference in the actual dining plan PLUS the cost of a ticket upgrade.

slindzy
03-06-2012, 10:14 AM
We actually do have free dining. I will call today to upgrade.

Thank you