PDA

View Full Version : Epcot for 5 & 7 yr olds

disneykidsince1970
03-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi all- we'll be spending a half day or so at epcot in 38 days!

Any suggestions for best attractions for 5yo boy and 7yo girl? FW and WS appreciated...

And any opinions on the kiddie passport activities in world showcase..? Are they worth the time to seek them out? Any countries have better activities /engagement than others?

Much appreciated!

cuteduck223
03-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Turtle Talk with CRUSH, and then the seas with nemo and friends.

Journey into imagination with Figment.

The boat ride in the Land Pavilion.

I had a friend who just took her kids (4 and 6) and they liked the kidcot fun stops. Not sure if everyone has that same experience, but her kids enjoyed it. Cast members were friendly and willing to tell them stories.

BrerGnat
03-05-2012, 03:06 PM
My boys were 5 and 7 on our last trip in December.

Epcot is their favorite park! We went there every day.

They love:

-Spaceship Earth (this one is #1 with them)
-Jumping Fountains outside Imagination pavilion (but NOT the ride)
-Living with the Land Boat Ride
-Aquariums at the Seas Pavilion (but not the ride)
-Play area with tunnels at the exit to Mission Space (but not the ride)
-The dancing fountain in Innoventions Plaza
-The Great Piggy Bank Adventure (Innoventions)

see a pattern here yet?

In the WS, they liked watching the train in Germany, and they LOVED running through the maze in th UK pavilion.

The Kim Possible missions in WS might be fun for your kids as well. We didn't have a chance to do one, but they sound like fun!

AgentC
03-05-2012, 03:27 PM
My daughter is 3 and my son is 6 and they love Epcot.

In Future World, their favorites are:

Piggy Bank Adventure in Innoventions is their favorite. They also like Smarter Planet (puts you in a video game) and Storm Struck at Innoventions.

They love everything at The Living Seas except the Nemo ride. Dark is not my son's favorite thing, so we usually walk in through the gift shop.

The games at Spaceship earth.

My son's favorite activity in World Showcase is Kim Possible. They also enjoy the drummers in Japan, the acrobats in China, the chair show in France and the bands in Great Britain and Canada. Oh and the maze Natalie mentioned.

We don't tend to do the kidcot stops that often. Most of the time you color your Duffy at one country and then get stamps at the others. We go a lot so my kids are a bit bored of that, but yours may like it since it will be new.

Your trip should be falling during the Flower & Garden Festival which adds more options for the kids. They might have some special crafts for the kids. We made butterflies one year.

They usually have two playgrounds set up for different age groups. They will have the butterfly house which both my kids adored. I had a hard time getting them to leave.

And of course, there are lots of characters to meet.

TikiGoddess
03-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Do Kim Possible. Even if your kids are not familiar with the show, it's an awesome thing to do. My girls loved it last year. It's interactive, has a cool gadget to play with, and take you around a WS country in detail. Much fun was had by all in our party, including the adults.

Kathy

RBrooksC
03-07-2012, 07:30 AM
When we went last year, my son was five. He loved Test Track, Soar'n, Living with the Land, The Seas pavilion, Mission: Space (full spin version), Spaceship Earth and The Maelstrom.

On a day where he got his choice of parks, he choose Epcot. Test Track, Spaceship Earth and The Maelstrom were the ones we went on numerous times.

BrerGnat
03-07-2012, 07:55 AM
When we went last year, my son was five. He loved Test Track, Soar'n, Living with the Land, The Seas pavilion, Mission: Space (full spin version), Spaceship Earth and The Maelstrom.

On a day where he got his choice of parks, he choose Epcot. Test Track, Spaceship Earth and The Maelstrom were the ones we went on numerous times.

Wow, impressive, for a five year old!

I admit to being a wee bit jealous. That would have been awesome if my kids were that daring. Maybe one day. :mickey:

RBrooksC
03-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Well, we had been talking about WDW for over a year before we went.

I would open up YouTube on my TV and we would watch ride videos and other Disney Park videos so he was prepared.

Some rides, like Space Mountain and ToT, he rode just once even though he had offers to ride them more. Space Mountain was a little too much for him. That was the only ride he didn't like when done. ToT he thought was "awesome", to quote him upon completion of the ride, but it did scare him a bit so once was enough.

Mission: Space I gave him a choice of spinning or non-spinning. He demanded spinning and I couldn't talk him out of it. He loved it and pushed the buttons when he was supposed to and thought it was fantastic with no worse for wear.

Test Track was his hands-down favorite ride. We went on that three times while there, twice in one day.

He understood that I wanted him to try going on the ride if he was tall enough and after he rode it, if he did not like it, he didn't have to ride it again.

He never fought me and was excited about each ride, except SM, which did scare him a bit before going on but he never hesitated.

He is excited for next time because he knows he will be seven and he tells me that seven year olds aren't scared of rides at Disney and he can't wait to ride everything.