PDA

View Full Version : YC to WL

EeyoreFan
03-05-2012, 01:16 PM
What is the easiest, most efficient way to get from YC to WL? :mickey:

BelleBeauty
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
The easiest, most-efficient way to get from YC to WL would be a taxi. We were surprised how close everything is if you take WDW transportation out of the equation!

Sticking to provided transportation, I think a boat to HS and then a bus to WL is the fastest way otherwise.

MOJoe
03-05-2012, 03:15 PM
There is no doubt that a cab is the most efficient way to get from the YC to the WL. Otherwise, i would take the bus to MK and then the boat to the Lodge. This may not be any faster than taking the Studios route. But i like the WL boat ride better. :mickey:

BrerGnat
03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Bus to MK.

Boat or Bus to WL.

Taxi is FASTEST, but the above is the fastest free way.

The boat trip to DHS from YC is approx 20 min, as the boat stops at the Swan and Dolphin on the way.

VWL Mom
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Just a word of caution, we went from WL to Yachtsman for dinner one night and the taxi was $55 R/T with tip.

SBETigg
03-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Just a word of caution, we went from WL to Yachtsman for dinner one night and the taxi was $55 R/T with tip.

That's insane. It cost us $55 to taxi to the airport, before tip. There's no way they should be equal. Our taxi rides from the BC to the GF cost us less than $20, tip included. This seems very wrong somehow.

faline
03-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Also, it will depend upon time of day and whether parks are open (and transportation to those parks are still in operation).

Personally, if parks are open, I'd bus to the Magic Kingdom and take the boat from there.

VWL Mom
03-05-2012, 06:21 PM
The $55 was roundtrip and believe me I checked with everyone and their brother because I felt as if we were in NYC! The desk at WL pulled out a book and showed me in print. Strangely enough it costs more to go from WL to YC than it costs for the return because of routing?? From there on out I always asked to see the book before calling a cab.

Quadstriker
03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Makes no sense to me at all. That's a 5 mile trip one way. I just looked it up.

BrerGnat
03-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Makes no sense to me at all. That's a 5 mile trip one way. I just looked it up.

That is odd. We once took a cab from Downtown Disney to the Contemporary and it was only $12 (excluding tip). This was not that long ago, either, and these two places are further apart than the WL and YC.

EeyoreFan
03-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks Everyone!!!!:thanks: