PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining 8/25-9/29/2012

Tink1
03-05-2012, 08:01 AM
It is the free counterservice package for those staying at value resorts, and free basic dining package for those in moderate or above levels.

Travel Dates are 8/25-9/29/2012

Offer expires 5/18/2012

3 night minimum stay
Must purchase a 2 day base ticket

Contact Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com) to book. By supporting us, you support Intercot as the best Disney planning site on the internet.

Nanc

PopPhan
03-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info...

Is it still a $10 per night per person upcharge to go from the CS to TS DDP? May be looking to visit with DW's sister and her husband, but don't want to bump up to Mods to get TS dining....

Thanks!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
03-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Melissa has already booked my trip!!!!!!:mickey:

Tink1
03-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the info...

Is it still a $10 per night per person upcharge to go from the CS to TS DDP? May be looking to visit with DW's sister and her husband, but don't want to bump up to Mods to get TS dining....

Thanks!

you can bump up. It is a little more than $10 though, closer to $15-17

N

mgmnut
03-05-2012, 09:32 AM
This is no longer just for the Disney Visa Card Holders correct? Released to the General Public?

PopPhan
03-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks, Nanci.

I had played around with the numbers - CS DDP and TS DP and should have known that!! Still, not a bad deal to bump up to TS...

Now, I just have to talk DW and her 'kin' into committing to making the trip!! ;)

gaffz70
03-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Wow, it only requires a 3 night stay?
When I received the email for the disney rewards free dining, it said that it required a 5 night stay.

We will be there for our last 3 days of this promotion, wonder if we can get 3 days of free dining if we split our ressie?

Pop Centurion
03-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Anyone booking a value with this deal should do so ASAP. I called this morning just before 9:00am & POP was already unavailable for my requested days (Sept 1-15th) Had to settle for ASMu :(

Hopefully they add more availability as rooms fill so I can switch to POP. My wife isn't happy since we really love POP so if we can't do that we may end up changing to the two weeks before Thanksgiving & hope they extend the promo to that time of year.

Hope everyone booking this offer get's what they want.

BriarRose0708
03-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Wow, it only requires a 3 night stay?
When I received the email for the disney rewards free dining, it said that it required a 5 night stay.

We will be there for our last 3 days of this promotion, wonder if we can get 3 days of free dining if we split our ressie?

Funny you bring that up. I just saw a post on the WDW Facebook page that says a 5 night stay is required. Here's the posting-

Beginning today, get a FREE dining plan when you buy a non-discounted 5-night/6-day Walt Disney Travel Co. room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Book through May 18, 2012!

#confused

Tink1
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Funny you bring that up. I just saw a post on the WDW Facebook page that says a 5 night stay is required. Here's the posting-

Beginning today, get a FREE dining plan when you buy a non-discounted 5-night/6-day Walt Disney Travel Co. room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Book through May 18, 2012!

#confused

That is their lead in advertisement. NOT their minimum requirements.

Nanc

Tink1
03-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Anyone booking a value with this deal should do so ASAP. I called this morning just before 9:00am & POP was already unavailable for my requested days (Sept 1-15th) Had to settle for ASMu :(

Hopefully they add more availability as rooms fill so I can switch to POP. My wife isn't happy since we really love POP so if we can't do that we may end up changing to the two weeks before Thanksgiving & hope they extend the promo to that time of year.

Hope everyone booking this offer get's what they want.

That was a glitch this morning. POP and others are now available.

Nanc

Pop Centurion
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Thanks, just realized. Been on hold with WDW now for 40mins trying to make the changes.

rustie40
03-06-2012, 07:18 AM
We are planning on being at DW a few days prior to the free dining and staying until August 29th. Would the few days prior to the 25th be covered under the free dining promo? :confused:

Tink1
03-06-2012, 08:50 AM
We are planning on being at DW a few days prior to the free dining and staying until August 29th. Would the few days prior to the 25th be covered under the free dining promo? :confused:

You have to check in on tbetween 8/25 and 9/29 in order to book the promo.

Earlier check-ins would have to split their reservation in two, but with the mandatory 2 day base ticket it is not always an economical solution.

Nanc

mickeyman42
03-07-2012, 06:03 AM
is this available for canadian customers as well? the only reason I ask is that the deal is not listed on the WDW website for us when I go there, and it always is. we booked when the canadian free dining was announced but a co-worker is looking to book can't find this offer. anyways I told her to contact magical journeys!

Tink1
03-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Yes, we can book this for anyone who would like!

Nanc

dyin tago
03-07-2012, 04:26 PM
for those that care take notice that you get only one snack credit per day per person instead of 2 offered last year.

mc mouse
03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Will DW offer a room discount package as well? I've already booked for September w/the dining package, but all in all would rather have the room discount and purchase QS plan ilo the dining plan. I really don't like to have my evenings time bound due to restaurant reservations. Thanks!

KarenP
03-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Will DW offer a room discount package as well? I've already booked for September w/the dining package, but all in all would rather have the room discount and purchase QS plan ilo the dining plan. I really don't like to have my evenings time bound due to restaurant reservations. Thanks!

It is too soon to know if a room discount will be offered for September. Right now free dining is the only offer out for fall. We will post here if and when any other discounts are released!

PopPhan
03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks, just realized. Been on hold with WDW now for 40mins trying to make the changes.

Now, if you had booked with Magical Journeys, (blatant plug...where's my kickback!! LOL) they would have taken care of that change for you!! :D

That's just another reason why Magical Journeys, and Denise in particular (for us), is the way to go!!

mc mouse
03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes, I did book through MJ (Debbie, and she has done a fantastic job for this reservation and others in the past). I'm just hoping that Disney offers the 30% room discount as it has done the past few years. Thanks!