PDA

View Full Version : Chefs De France

disneynarula
03-05-2012, 02:25 AM
We are trying to decide on ADRs before our 180 day mark.

I am looking for some reviews of Chefs De France

We are pretty set on;
Sci Fi Dine In
Saana
Boma
Olivia's Cafe
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
The Wave

We need one more and we are trying to decide between France and Japan in Epcot. Last time we went our ADRs were too Epcot loaded.

Joannelet
03-05-2012, 06:49 AM
I ate at le chefs de France last mothers day and had a wonderful experience. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful! Japan is great too so either one you cannot go wrong!

BelleBeauty
03-05-2012, 09:20 AM
We ate at Chefs de France in November. I found the restaurant really a bit too crowded and the tables too close together. The food and wine were good, but nothing extraordinary. Of course, the best part, especially if you have kids, is Chef Remy. If you are looking for a quiet meal for two (as we were) this is not the best place.

SBETigg
03-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I like Chefs de France, but I also love Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo. Tough choice! Definitely check out the menus in advance and that might help. Chefs de France would be my pick right now, but I might change my mind later.

Chefs has the French cafe feeling with bright windows and brass accents. The service is good, or it has been for us. I love the food, the wine, the bread. My sister goes just for the mac and cheese, which she loves (gratin de macaroni, with gruyere cheese). I have always had a good meal. The last time, I got the braised short ribs and they did not disappoint.

mgmnut
03-05-2012, 09:40 AM
We really enjoy Chefs De France. We eat either there or Teppan Edo each trip. Went to Teppan Edo last year, so back to Chefs De France this year and looking forward to it!

If I had to choose just 1.......... Chefs De France!

faline
03-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Service was good; food was good. We ate there 2 years in a row - the first time was a wonderful experience. The second time, it was just so darn noisy in there, I couldn't wait to get out of there and didn't feel that I really enjoyed the food and service because of it.

MinnieMommie
03-05-2012, 08:11 PM
We enjoy eating in France and Japan and usually do each trip. Check out the menus and decide which type of foods you feel like eating. It will be tasty however you decide. :mickey:

disneynarula
03-06-2012, 09:06 AM
I am having a hard time finding a recent menu.

disneynarula
03-06-2012, 09:41 AM
What nights is Remy there? Is he there all night? Do you think an earlier seating might be more quiet?

I think we are leaning towards Chefs De France and maybe ditching Wolfgang Puck for Teppen Edo since we have eaten at WP three times already. Time to try something new.

AgentC
03-06-2012, 09:50 AM
What nights is Remy there? Is he there all night? Do you think an earlier seating might be more quiet?

I think we are leaning towards Chefs De France and maybe ditching Wolfgang Puck for Teppen Edo since we have eaten at WP three times already. Time to try something new.

Remy is there for lunch. I believe the times are 12:30, 1:40,2:50 and 5:20. He is not there on Sunday. He only comes around once so you need to make sure you are seated before his time. We did one of the later lunches. I was not crowded at all for lunch and Remy was a lot of fun.

disneynarula
03-07-2012, 03:08 AM
What time do they switch to the dinner menu? If we booked for 5:00 would we be able to dinner and see Remy. My kids love Remy but I want dinner and not lunch.

AgentC
03-07-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm not sure but I would think around 4 or 5. I went back and checked and we did lunch at 2:50. The restaurant was very quiet at that time and almost deserted when we were done. It makes sense that we were one of their last lunch sitting and then there was a lull before dinner.

RAIDER
03-07-2012, 07:24 AM
A lovely place to eat and it has such a great atmosphere .The foods great as well as a varied menu ....You wont be dissapointed :thumbsup:

mydisneygirls
03-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes, 5 pm is a perfect time. That is when we had reservations and Remy was just making his rounds. I think you will really enjoy it here...it's one of our favorite places!!! Just be aware that Remy does not appear on SUNDAYS.

disneynarula
03-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the replies! I am adding it to my ADR list. I am so excited. I am not going to tell my kids about Remy. I am just going to let them be surprised.

CuteAsMinnie
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Chefs de France is OUR most favorite restaurant in all the World. We've dined there 3 times I believe, twice with our kids including DS who "expects top service and top notch food for his time spent.". (lol not kidding) He is now 16 and looking forward to going back. The service is friendly, food excellent, wine outstanding, atmosphere sooooo nice. We just love it!

:mickey: