PDA

View Full Version : Pools at the Values vs at the Moderates?

DizzyWhirled
03-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Related to my last question - several people suggested the Moderates if we like to swim. Could you tell me a little more about how the pools compare between Values and Moderates? From the Disney CD I got they all look similar to me - all very themed, anyway :-)

Mickey'sGirl
03-02-2012, 10:58 AM
There are no water slides at the Value resorts, but the pools are big and wet! My kids like the Value pools just as much as the Moderate pools (except for at the Coronado, which has a really stellar Pyramid pool).

buzznwoodysmom
03-02-2012, 11:32 AM
The main difference is that the moderate pools have water slides and the value pools don't. My kids are huge fans of the WDW pools, but they love to have a water slide so the value pools don't compare to the moderate and deluxe pools in my kids' opinions.

disneynarula
03-02-2012, 12:28 PM
The pool is actually the one factor that makes it worth it to me to upgrade to a moderate. We spend quite a bit of time at the pools.

Like the PP said... the moderates all have water slides. They usually have better themed pools.

Especially with little kids we love the CBR with the zero entry pool.

magicofdisney
03-02-2012, 12:36 PM
As already mentioned, the moderate pools have the slides. However, the value pools are much larger. I guess it depends on if you want space or slides. Either way, the themeing is great for all of them. I'm not sure about the moderate pools, but the values have daily games and contest at their pools.

mom2morgan
03-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I haven't tried the values, but I wonder if their pools get more crowded? I'm not sure what the "pool to person" ratio is - perhaps someone could shed some light? I like the moderates because in addition to the big themed pools there are also the quiet pools which can give some relief if the big pool is crowded. But do the Values have more than one pool each?

disneynarula
03-02-2012, 05:43 PM
We have always found the pools at the values to be pretty crowded even during the off season.

brownie
03-03-2012, 10:33 AM
But do the Values have more than one pool each?

Pop Century has 3 pools. Each of the All-Star resorts has 2 pools. Guests staying at any of the All-Star Resorts can use any of the All-Star Resort pools.

mechanic
03-03-2012, 04:10 PM
I would bet that pool size per guest is probably greater at values. I don't think they are any more crowded than moderate or deluxe. Values do not have hot tubs like moderates and deluxes do. Boardwalk has really nice pool