PDA

View Full Version : Favorite APP from wait times at WDW?

Terra
03-02-2012, 08:18 AM
I have one APP I downloaded but don't know how "good" it is yet.

Do you have a favorite APP you can recommend for Android for WDW? We leave a week from Sunday for a 5 day trip!

What other Disney APPS do you recommend??

kakn7294
03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Have a great trip! My favorite is the Disney Mobile Magic app. It's the official WDW parks app and supposed to show official wait times once inside the gates of the parks rather than the user-submitted wait times all other apps display. You can also use it to make dining reservations, view character meet times, and get maps and resort info. It's available for free from the android market.

btharvey
03-02-2012, 09:11 AM
We've used the Disney app, and while it is slow to refresh and to load different sections (and tends to be a top-down app, which makes checking other things a bit time consuming), we used it to make reservations on the day when we were there and it worked like a champ ... even cancelling and re-reserving when we needed to. Maps are good if your phone has good resolution. But be patient. :mickey:

Terra
03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Thank you!! Downloading now!

We are so excited. It's one thing to live close and take day trips, but it's a whole new world for us going for 5 days/4 nights and being in the midst of the magic for days!!!

It's a total surprise for our boys. They won't have a clue until they see that WDW sign and then the Pop Century sign!:mickey:

brownie
03-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Sending this to the Disney Tech forum.

Terra
03-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi, my name is Terra and I'm a little ditzy! I never realized there was a tech forum and I've been here for 9.5 years! lol

Pop Centurion
03-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I use the Disney Wait Times App from Undercover Tourist on my Blackberry since that's all that's available.

It's a decent app but it just has wait times for the BB version. The Android & Apple version also has park maps, menus, & restaurant locations. I believe it even shows you gps location on the park map but not 100% sure.

Poohluv85
03-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I just downloaded Disney Mobile Magic and love it!! It has descriptions of all the attractions and trivia games..It took awhile to download, but its totally worth it..especially since it's free! :D Definitely recommend it to any Disney nut :mickey: