PDA

View Full Version : leap day crowd reports

mechanic
03-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I am not there. Sadly...but have been watching my wait times app and it looks like the crowds are very light. Any one one site to give reports? There was lots of talk earlier about how crowded it might be.

03-01-2012, 10:01 PM
FAR from light crowds.

Can't give out the numbers as that is proprietary but it was a great day (and night). People were having a great time (some of the happiest guests I've talked with in a lonnnnng time), the street party at the top of the Hub was great and the weather was just about perfect for the day.

Quadstriker
03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Great crowd all night long IMO

Melanie
03-02-2012, 09:19 AM
I was following along with the Disneyland info as the night went on (both from personal friends and from Twitter accounts) and it sounds like crowds at Disneyland were much larger (or larger than anticipated) than at WDW. They even had a time of temporary closure until more guests left.

We got to Magic Kingdom around 9pm and discussed how the crowds were moderately heavy, but nothing too overwhelming. As the night went on, the crowds definitely did dwindle, but there were still many guests in the park at 5am. It was a great crowd and everyone was very happy and polite and considerate of others. Pleasant surprise!

MOJoe
03-02-2012, 09:51 AM
It was a great crowd and everyone was very happy and polite and considerate of others. Pleasant surprise!

I'm somewhat surprised that you were surprised.
I mean really. If someone asked, "How would you like to spend all night in the Magic Kingdom?" Most people are gonna say, "Huh?" Only real Disney fans would jump at the opportunity. And everyone here knows that real Disney fans are all happy and polite. It's the non-believers you have to watch out for. ;) Glad you got to go and thanks for the tweets.

Melanie
03-02-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm somewhat surprised that you were surprised.
I mean really. If someone asked, "How would you like to spend all night in the Magic Kingdom?" Most people are gonna say, "Huh?" Only real Disney fans would jump at the opportunity. And everyone here knows that real Disney fans are all happy and polite. It's the non-believers you have to watch out for. ;) Glad you got to go and thanks for the tweets.

You are absolutely right. I shouldn't be surprised! I guess my view is just recently marred by other 'groups' who have been making recent visits to the parks a little less than magical. Of course those pulling the all-nighter were happy fans full of Disney magic. I'm not surprised! :D