PDA

View Full Version : ADR Time

phillydorn
03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi -

I'm coming up on my 180 day mark for ADRs and I wanted to know how quickly the more popular restaurants really book up. I'm on the West Coast. Do I need to be awake in the middle of the night for exactly when ADRs are available or am I being too paranoid? Can I just book in the morning when I wake up?

mickeyman42
03-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Well we're going in aug and its 172 days out and i can still book ohana, chef mickey, cali grill and other popular places at prime dining times so i would say no need to do it at the exact moment, however if your days fall under the new free dining dates that are coming out (aug 25-sept 29 i think) then you may have more trouble. I guesd it would depend on how popular your restaurants are and how important it is to you that you eat where you want when u want.

disneynarula
03-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Like the previous poster said... you would probably be safe a day or so after the window.

If it's during free dining I would get on the phone A.S.A.P!!!! We went during free dining once and things filled up fairly quickly.

gaffz70
03-02-2012, 09:32 AM
I was nervous b/c I missed my 180 day window for August by 2 weeks!
I got every restaurant, day and time I wanted without any problem.
But, I guess w/ this new free dining offer for then, I would still play it safe and make them as close to your 180 day mark as possible.

c&d
03-02-2012, 09:52 AM
We're going in 40 days and when I checked the popular restaurants still had availability. Granted not the best times, but you could still make a reservation. I really think the credit card deposit on those restaurants has really opened up availability.

TheDuckRocks
03-02-2012, 10:54 AM
It would depend (knew you'd love that answer!) on a number of factors.
1) Is free dining being offered during the time you'll be there?
2) Ditto for holiday/peck travel times.
3) How popular the restaurant is that you want. Le Cellier, Ohana and breakfast at Cindy's always fill fast. I usually keep those for the latter part of my trip to take advantage of the 180 + 10 day thing when staying at a Disney resort.
4) Or restaurants that have limited setting like Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian.
That said you will be able to find many places to eat that you will enjoy if you sleep in. I also have backups for all restaurants when I sit down to make my ADRs and have seldom needed to use them.

PlutoPlanet
03-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm right at the 180 window this week. I've been getting exactly the restaurants and times I want.