PDA

View Full Version : Halloween activities

ANG
03-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Are there any other Halloween activities at the DW parks/resorts instead of just the MNSSHP?

like2workout
03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
there is a haunted carriage ride where you'll ride through fort wilderness and listen to the story of the ichabod crane and the headless horseman. i highly recommend it. i think it lasts about 20-30 minutes.

TheVBs
03-02-2012, 04:26 PM
I second the above. We loved the Haunted Carriage ride! :mickey:

mom2morgan
03-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Do you know how early they start doing that? My September trip ends on the 27th, so I'm wondering if I'll be too early for the haunted carriage rides.

TheVBs
03-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Do you know how early they start doing that? My September trip ends on the 27th, so I'm wondering if I'll be too early for the haunted carriage rides.

On our trip last fall we did the carriage ride on 9/30. We were at the MNSSHP on 9/27, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're doing the carriage rides before you leave.

ANG
03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
How "Scary" is the ride? We have a 3 and 1 yr olds.

TheVBs
03-06-2012, 07:07 AM
How "Scary" is the ride? We have a 3 and 1 yr olds.

It seemed pretty tame to us, but our girls are 11 & 7. The atmosphere is kind of spooky, riding through the dark grounds with the hanging moss. The story and props seemed pretty tame. There was a surprise at the end that was really good and gave us all chills, but hard to say how scary that might be for little ones. Kids are all so different! If you'd like to know more details and what the surprise is, I'll send you a PM.

ANG
03-07-2012, 07:10 PM
It seemed pretty tame to us, but our girls are 11 & 7. The atmosphere is kind of spooky, riding through the dark grounds with the hanging moss. The story and props seemed pretty tame. There was a surprise at the end that was really good and gave us all chills, but hard to say how scary that might be for little ones. Kids are all so different! If you'd like to know more details and what the surprise is, I'll send you a PM.

Yes please! I would appreciate the input. I'd rather you "ruin" the surprise for me than being worried if my kids can handle it.