PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania chances?

grumpypima
02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
I checked the park hours for our upcoming Spring Break stay. It looks like Hollywood Studios will have Extra Magic Hours one of the nights during our stay. I really want to ride Toy Story Mania but have never been able to get a Fast Pass or the wait time is completely outrageous (2+ hours).
I understand that only some of the rides are open during EMH, will Toy Story Mania be one of the open rides? Generally, how are the lines for Toy Story Mania during EMH at night? Do they allow for more Fast Passes at the beginning of the EMH timeline?

Nascfan
02-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Speaking from experience of an evening EMH during 2010, I can tell you that TSM will be one of the rides open. I don't know if they have EMH FastPass's, but here's my advice, and what we did first hand. Head to TSM for the last thing you do that night, preferably within the last half hour of EMH. There will still be a line, yes, but it will/should be much shorter than any other time. It worked out great, we did Standby (hence the reason I don't know if they do FP at that time) and rode just after EMH was ending...probably waited less than a half hour total. When we left the park was practically empty, and had plenty of seating for our weary legs on the bus. I definitely recommend riding TSM as close to the end of evening EMH as possible.

Mfarquar
02-29-2012, 10:47 PM
You might get lucky if you are a party of 2. When we were there in late September, groups of two would wait in the regular line until the log cabin. Then, they would be merged in with the fast pass line because they filled empty cars from parties of 6, etc. from the regular line. We found ourselves only waiting 45 minutes when the wait was listed as 70 as a result. When the line was listed at 60, we got through in 30, but only because we were a party of 2 and didnt have to wait in line up the stairs, across the tent hall and down the stairs.

Good luck!

Zippy 1
03-01-2012, 12:18 AM
When we were there the begining of February they had EMH at Hollywood Studios. The line for Toy Story Mania was 60+ minutes right up until closing. We were bummed - we had hoped to ride that night. So good luck - I hope you get to ride

MickeysBestPal
03-01-2012, 07:34 AM
1- I understand that only some of the rides are open during EMH,

2- will Toy Story Mania be one of the open rides?
3- Generally, how are the lines for Toy Story Mania during EMH at night?
4- Do they allow for more Fast Passes at the beginning of the EMH timeline?

1- Actually, most attractions are open. All of the "biggies" are running.

2- Yes.

3- It will help to understand that virtually all of the guests who attend PM EMH at DHS will be lined up for primarily TSM, RnRC, ToT and (to a lesser degree) Star Tours.
The lines for those attractions (especially TSM) will be busy.

4- They sometimes start issuing new FP's for some of the attractions at the start of PM EMH. But, they do not do so for TSM. They tried it for a few nights when the attraction was new, and it created a "zoo" in the FP area starting 30-45 minutes before the EMH began.

EeyoreFan
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Oh my!!!! You guys have me absolutely terrified that we won't be able to take DS 4 on this attraction!

How do you all keep a 4y old busy when the wait time in line is 60min??? Now I'm really worried. We are going the first week of May and he will have a fit if we don't get on this!!!:drama:

Help!!!!!

Quadstriker
03-01-2012, 02:34 PM
If its a high priority for you, make the fastpass for Toy Story the first stop when the park opens in the morning. If you aren't going at opening, and an hour wait is too much, it's probably not going to work out.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
How do you all keep a 4y old busy when the wait time in line is 60min??? Now I'm really worried. We are going the first week of May and he will have a fit if we don't get on this!!!

Go to TSM as early as you can, if you can do a morning at DHS, the times are best first thing.

But, it is one of the best queues for waiting. There is TONS to look at, and the line (until you get to the stairs about 1/2 way through) moves quite well, so he will be well entertained.

However, the ride is cool, but it won't be the end of the world if it waits to a next trip.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-01-2012, 10:01 PM
If you have a smart phone - this is when you pull it out with a game for him.
Also take lots of pictures IN the queue - as adults, my husband and I enjoyed waiting in this line especially when there were small children around us. You can take photos in the line, take them of your 4 yr old, give your 4 yr old the camera and let them take photos - We used to get disposables (before the digital camera became big) for each of our kiddos for their perspective of WDW.

There is plenty with in the queue to entertain your 4 yr old....don't let the line times scare you away from a ride that your child is probably going to love.

disneynarula
03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
We waited in line for 90 minutes with DSs 2 and 5a few years ago. They were fine.

The trick is to get to HS as soon as it opens and get Fast Passes!

Mfarquar
03-07-2012, 01:03 PM
I grew up without Fast Pass (makes me feel old) and all of our trips were in the summer. I like to think the long summer lines are one of the reasons why I grew up to be a patient adult. Games definitely help. The line is also quite charming and sparks the imagination. Also, the Mr. Potato head about 1/2 way through is incredibly entertaining and will interact with the crowd. We survived and you will too - it's worth it! :)

Pop Centurion
03-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Definitely try to get there at park open & go straight for a FP. You then should be able to get on with no wait then again with the FP once in the time frame.
If not just try to constantly check the wait times especially between noon & 3:00 when most people are having lunch.

TexansInNY
03-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Agree with others and Quadstriker is dead on - you have to get there early. We go there and hit FP first thing - wait a while to get FP's even before they are all gone and you will be looking at 5+ hours away.

MOJoe
03-08-2012, 11:06 AM
If you can't be first, then try to be last.
If you can get a fastpass first thing in the morning, then great. If that is not in your plan, then waiting till late in the day or when EMH is nearly over is a good strategy. During the last hour of EMH, the wait times can be misleading. Overstated in other words. Also, there should be no fastpassers to slow down the line.
As you approach the attraction, if the line begins 10 or 15 feet from the entrance, go ahead and get in. If it is out the door, wait till later.

ShanlovesMickey
03-09-2012, 08:40 AM
We had no problems with lines on a Saturday morning early opening. We found a way to reach Toy Story and waited like 10 minutes to ride. As soon as we got off the ride we got right back in line.m we only had to wait 30 minutes. To me the line went quick and it didn't seem like a 30 minute wait. It is one of our favorite ride because you can act like a kid with your kids around! When we visit in June we are doing the Magic Hours at night so I don't know of we will get so lucky!

Shannon

grumpydude
03-11-2012, 06:48 PM
toy story mania is cool and all, but i can take it or leave it

grumpypima
03-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks for everyone's input!! :number1: