PDA

View Full Version : Booked Flights: Jetblue Opinions?

darthmacho
02-29-2012, 02:55 PM
I probably should have asked for opinions on Jetblue before booking the fights, but I couldn't resist the relatively low numbers I saw for these non-stop flights when I saw them:

Round trip, 4 people, Boston - Orlando, $1438, including taxes. Flights are at times that I wanted, are non-stop, and first bag flies free. (The breakdown is $205 to Orlando/$155 back to Boston.)

What is you opinion of the fare?
What is your opinion of Jetblue?
Is there a catch that you suspect I should look into?
Are they likely to change things up on me considering how convenient this all turned out to be?

Now I have to send my flight info to Magical Express! :mickey:

disneymom15
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Your fares are similar to what we're looking at with Air Tran. We can do non stop from Milwaukee to Orlando for $154. and non stop Orlando to Milwaukee for $155.

WDWFanatic
02-29-2012, 03:50 PM
We have been very happy with Jet Blue. All of our flights have been on time or early, we only take one bag each so not an issue, and the TV's make the flight go by quickly. Did you already book your seats? I almost forgot that since we usually travel Southwest.

Just remember to bring headphones. You can purchase them for $2 if you forget.

I really miss the days of paying around $200 RT to get from New England to MCO. I like flying out of Manchester better than Boston but Jet Blue is off by itself so the lines aren't bad. If the lines seem really long when you get to Logan go around the corner they have more windows there.

Have a great trip.:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
02-29-2012, 03:54 PM
We fly JB a lot and are satisfied with their service. For our upcoming June trip the airfare was 378p/p from Newark when I bought it so similar to what you paid. If you see the fare drop call them and they will issue a travel bank credit which is good for one year.

Out of Newark their schedule changes haven't been to bad, most under 1 hour.

Mfarquar
02-29-2012, 04:33 PM
I have had nothing but great experiences with JetBlue. Flights on-time, conscientious and polite crew, great safety record, yummy free snacks from brands you recognize, great TV options and more room in your seat than average. We flew Aer Lingus about a year and a half ago and had forgotten about how small seats on regular airlines can be!

Make sure you sign up for their frequent flier program. It's free and can be good to have. Especially since you can transfer points from other members for a small fee. That could potentially make it worth it for a family to dump all their points into one account for a future flight. Depends on where you would be going...

Your prices are pretty on par with what it's costing out of Boston these days. We've paid less, but airline prices in general have gone up due to gasoline costs.

I think you'll be happy with JetBlue!

Mfarquar
02-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Good advice from VWL Mom too! My friend was able to get a $30 pp credit for his Disney vacation last year when the prices dropped. They used it on their next trip!

DVC2004
02-29-2012, 04:51 PM
I like JetBlue alot. We usually only use them though to go to California, since we live in Chicago there are no nonstop flights to FL. They do fly nonstop from Chicago to Long Beach (near Disneyland). I just booked with them for about $878 for 4, round trip, which I know is pretty good. In the past I paid $1000 for the 4 of us. Also, love the TV on board! So great kids and if you are a nervous flier (like me). Only complaint I had in the past is usually they were late to take off , arrive etc. Never seemed to be on time. But I have not flown them for a few years so maybe they improved. Overall if they had a nonstop to FL for us we'd probably use them exclusively.

darthmacho
02-29-2012, 05:29 PM
We have been very happy with Jet Blue. All of our flights have been on time or early, we only take one bag each so not an issue, and the TV's make the flight go by quickly. Did you already book your seats? I almost forgot that since we usually travel Southwest.

Just remember to bring headphones. You can purchase them for $2 if you forget.

I really miss the days of paying around $200 RT to get from New England to MCO. I like flying out of Manchester better than Boston but Jet Blue is off by itself so the lines aren't bad. If the lines seem really long when you get to Logan go around the corner they have more windows there.

Have a great trip.:thumbsup:

Yes, I was glad to be able to pick our seats. I thought I scored some great seats at the front of the plane, but found out they were $30 more. Oh well, I'm still happy with what we have.

We've always used Delta, but currently their prices are around $400 per person just for the flight down for this time period. It might just be bad timing, but I think those prices are absurd. Similar prices for Southwest too, and none of their flights are direct!

I've never had trouble with airport crowds. We always leave early on Sunday mornings, and traffic to the airport and lines haven't been a problem. Hopefully that will be the case.

Good reviews so far, glad to hear more!

BrerGnat
02-29-2012, 06:07 PM
LOVE Jet Blue. It ranks #2 behind Virgin America for me (which I only use to fly cross country). I rank Southwest #3.

We just used Jet Blue to MCO from Dulles in December. I scored $79 each way for the 4 of us and we just couldn't pass that up. Direct flights too! I think your fare is high, but I have no experience flying from Boston, so I guess others have said it's in line with what's normal for the area.

They did change our flight times (both of them), but by less than 15 min each, so it made no difference and was actually better on the departure because we got to have a pickup of 11:45 instead of 11:15, which allowed us a bit more time to have a late sit down breakfast on our last morning.

I think you will like Jet Blue. They have good snacks that are free! :thumbsup:

DisneyWFan
02-29-2012, 06:13 PM
We always fly Jet Blue non-stop Boston - Orlando & have had really good luck with them they always seem to have the best prices from Boston. Last time I found a cheaper price after we bought our tickets & got a $30 credit pp that we can use towards another flight purchased within a yr I just wish they would have let me use that $30 to upgrade my seats to the more leg room seats but they don't allow that. The flight changes that they made were just by minutes so no big deal but having the TVs was a blessing for us. Have a great trip :)

mgmnut
03-01-2012, 07:38 AM
I think that is a fair price. We have flown JetBlue in the past and loved it. Last trip we flew Delta, paid extra baggage fees, etc. looking at JetBlue again for our trip in Aug. Prices are comprable to the other airlines with more benefits, first bag free, TV's at every seat to help the time fly by, snacks, etc. Just priced our tickets and 4 Round trip, non stop tickets for the times I want are $1238.00 on JetBlue, other airlines with less benefits and baggage fees are asking more.

My question is if Fuel prices keep going up ( and we all know they will......ugh! ) will they hit you with an extra Fuel charge 5 months from now?

princessgirls
03-01-2012, 12:01 PM
It's a lot higher than I paid last summer for my family of 4 Darth... I try to keep it to $1,000...but we ended up not flying JETBLUE because their cost was more. Did Delta for $880 last August.

It is OK considering that gas is going through the roof. Just stinks...

Julie:mickey:

darthmacho
03-01-2012, 02:55 PM
It's a lot higher than I paid last summer for my family of 4 Darth... I try to keep it to $1,000...but we ended up not flying JETBLUE because their cost was more. Did Delta for $880 last August.

It is OK considering that gas is going through the roof. Just stinks...

Julie:mickey:

I agree, it stinks. When you consider how much it costs to get to WDW, the airfare seems like the least worthwhile expense. Necessary, yes, but just not as much bang for your buck.

$1000-1200 would have been my goal too, actually, but when I saw prices for Delta and Southwest, the latter not even having direct flights, I thought this was a bargain. Admittedly, I showed little patience by pulling the trigger here almost six months in advance, when I could have waited a few months, but I kept fearing even higher prices. The good news is, I was told Jetblue will adjust prices if they go down, although I assume they'll give you credit towards a future flight, as opposed to actual cash back?