PDA

View Full Version : Little Mermaid Ride

dntccc
02-29-2012, 11:22 AM
When is this ride expected to open? We are planning a trip to WDW for either Nov or Dec this year, and I was wondering if it would be open by then. Also, where can I find a list of expected ride closures for this year?

faline
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM
As opening dates for each of the attractions are announced they will be posted. Attractions will be opening throughout 2012 and 2013 with the project completion date sometime in 2014.

As closures are announced, they are posted in Info Central. There isn't a master calendar for the year - it's updated as Disney makes the announcements.

Mfarquar
02-29-2012, 04:51 PM
In no way is this official, and is ONLY a rumor.

However, the latest buzz is that "Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid" may be ready to open sometime just before the end of the Summer, along with the Be Our Guest restaurant, Gaston’s Tavern and other surrounding shops and minor attractions to follow soon afterward.

Disney also likes to do soft, test openings (sometimes just for AP holders, sometimes for all guests) ahead of time as well. But, it will all depend on how "on-schedule" the work is. It certainly is NOT uncommon for the completion dates to get pushed ahead several times.

You might get lucky since you'll be going in late Fall/early Winter! :cloud9:

darthmacho
02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Crossing my fingers that Mermaid and Beast Castle area will be open in late August, but I'm not holding my breath. It would be so great to experience these new things since the soonest we'll get back will likely be 2014, if we're lucky. As long as Dumbo has re-opened, however, it's all good. :mickey:

minnie-mouse
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh I hope so! I can't wait to hear the specifics on the Be our guest restaurant!

disneynarula
03-02-2012, 02:53 PM
We rode The Little Mermaid at DLR and it was fantastic. I just hope they offer FP on this ride. The lines at DLR were crazy!

AmandaChan
03-03-2012, 05:07 PM
I have been dreaming of this attraction ever since the DVD came out with the extra on it that talked about the ride. The Little Mermaid pretty much reflects my childhood and it's really dear to my heart. I can not WAIT!!

dizneydeb22
03-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I have been dreaming of this attraction ever since the DVD came out with the extra on it that talked about the ride. The Little Mermaid pretty much reflects my childhood and it's really dear to my heart. I can not WAIT!!

Do you mean the vacation planning DVD? i just received mine. I can't wait to watch it!

AmandaChan
03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Do you mean the vacation planning DVD? i just received mine. I can't wait to watch it!

No! The little mermaid DVD that came out not long ago, it has a virtual ride on the special features that 'was supposed to be' and they make it sound like they'll never go through with building it. When I found out they were building the ride I was so excited!