PDA

View Full Version : to anyone that lives in California

Tiggerlovr9000
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
This is probably a dumb question but I know alot of the locals get out of town for Mardi Gras and I am wondering what impact the oscars have on you. Is there alot more traffic, is it hard to get into restaurants, salons etc.? Do all the motels fill up and is this a busy week at Disneyland?

Disney4us2
02-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Hi Tracey,

Can't answer on the Disneyland part. We didn't go this weekend. Too many activities close to home.

In my area nothing is affected by the awards. Never left our area.

The streets around the Hollywood/Highland Theater... no longer Kodak Theater were closed off since either Wednesday or Thrusday. That area was a mess from the TV reports. I am sure the hotels close to where the awards were being held were full. Wouldn't think the Anaheim area ones would be. At least for the award crowd.

Disneyland may get some trickle from those out of town visitors who were there to see the red carpet arrivals either prior to or after the awards.

2Epcot
02-27-2012, 01:24 AM
I lived just blocks from the site of the Oscars for 8 years, now I live in Orange County closer to Disneyland. The Oscars have no impact on anything in the LA area except for the area right around the theater. Those streets will be reopened early Monday morning, and things will be pretty much back to normal.

Tiggerlovr9000
02-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Thanks for your responses...