PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Tower MK View

brad817
02-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Is it worth the extra points? It seems like it would be really cool to see MK out your window and watch the fireworks at night. We're thinking of doing it, but I've heard others say it's a waste of points and any view is good and you can always go to the watching area upstairs to watch fireworks. What are your thoughts?

Jpxv
02-26-2012, 09:55 PM
My family and I just returned from staying at Bay Lake Towers actually. We were booked into a Bay Lake View on points and were lucky enough to be put on the MK side so we had the best of both worlds; lake and MK View. However, there are plenty of nice places to watch the fireworks from BLT: the top floor, the area connecting the two hotels, even the nice sitting area by the elevators.

VWL Mom
02-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Personally we wouldn't do it again. Our MK view 2bdrm was on the fifth floor to the left as you enter from the walkway. Our MK view consisted of the monorail supports, the CR, and parking lot. If you leaned over the balcony and looked to the right there was the view but who wants everyone doing that....imo the view from the observation deck was much better (and safer). They really need to address this and reclassify some of the lower rooms.

Our lake view room on the other hand was wonderful so we opted to save the points and go with that again in June.

MinnieMommie
02-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I guess they are calling it a theme park view rather than a MK view. This is why I hesitate using my pts this way. I would only do this if I could be assured an actual view of the fireworks. We have had the lakeview several times with a perfect view of the castle and fireworks but alas no music in the room...

diz_girl
02-27-2012, 01:08 PM
It was worth it to us on our trip in November. We had room 7722, which was in a really good location, right in the middle of the hotel.

We watched the fireworks a few nights from our room and it was nice to kick back and relax. BTW - since we went in November, the mosquitoes were bad and going up to the top and out to the viewing area would just have been too much.

MinnieMommie
02-27-2012, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=diz_girl;2245224]It was worth it to us on our trip in November. We had room 7722, which was in a really good location, right in the middle of the hotel.

We watched the fireworks a few nights from our room and it was nice to kick back and relax. QUOTE]

Sounds really nice. That's what I would like. :thumbsup:

Carol
02-27-2012, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't. I loved our lake view. We went up to the viewing area for fireworks at night.

Dyanna
02-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Same as Carol stated. Save the points & go on the rooftop to watch fireworks. We have always enjoyed our lake view rooms & would choose this over MK view each & every time.