PDA

View Full Version : Hong kong

sbwillie
02-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Good chance going to hong kong and want to know if worth going to hong kong Disney land.
Looks like tickets are relatively cheap. Don't need place to stay, just might go to park.
Been to wow 10 times so pretty familiar.
Any must see or do attractions
Huge hanks if can share any insight And didn't know where else to post

Melanie
02-27-2012, 03:10 PM
I went to Hong Kong a little over 3 years ago. At the time we visited, the park only had 4 themed lands - Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland and Main St. USA. Last year, Toy Story Land opened and very soon Grizzley Gulch (HK version of Disneyland's Critter Country and Frontierland) will open.

There were only a handful of big attractions when we were there - Philharmagic, It's a Small World (which features the awesome Disney character dolls), Space Mt. (the Disneyland version, not WDW), Stitch Encounter, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (definitely superior to Space Ranger Spin, IMO), Autopia, Jungle Cruise (which is different from any other and cooler, in my opinion) and Festival of the Lion King. Their Fantasyland has a lot of familiar attractions like Dumbo, Teacups, Carousel, Pooh and the Train. There is also a stage show, Golden Mickeys, that we didn't see but understand is very good. We were there for a day and a half, and we had plenty of time to enjoy everything.

Whether it's worth it, that depends on the person. I'm not sorry at all that we went, as I'd love to visit all the Disney Parks worldwide. The resort itself (two hotels and Disneyland Park) is gorgeously situated on Lantau Island. No other Disney Castle has mountains for a backdrop,and the hotels sit with the Bay in their backyard, and are worth a visit to explore as well. We stayed at the Hollywood Hotel and really enjoyed our theme park view and fun themed room. The Disneyland Hotel is almost identical to the Grand Floridian.

So yes, I'd recommend a visit. And if you do go to Lantau Island, be sure to visit the Buddha. :)

sbwillie
02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Much thanks Melanie. Just what I was looking for.

2Epcot
03-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Melanie covered things very well. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel when we were there with a great park view. I agree that Hong Kong Disneyland has a great Jungle Cruise. We saw the Golden Mickey's and enjoyed it. The host of the show speaks Chinese, but all the songs are done mostly, if not all in English. I also think it is worth the visit. I'm looking forward to returning when the new lands are finished.