PDA

View Full Version : DIsney Parks Mobile Magic

brownie
02-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Disney announced today that Disney Parks Mobile Magic is now available for iPhones (it's a free app.)

While I haven't seen any official announcement, I was able to install the Android version (free app) on my Sprint EVO 3D. Until now, you could only install it if you were with Verizon.

I thought the wait times would be more exact; they're the same descriptions as you find on the mobile website.

Patricia
02-24-2012, 11:55 PM
I checked into it today.. So far this app is only available in the US.. but "Yay" for iPhone users.

Quadstriker
02-25-2012, 12:27 AM
I couldn't find the app at first. Got it now. The offical name is "Disney Mobile Magic".

Thanks for the heads up!

edit: This is perfect. Just what I wanted for our trip next week! Thanks a bunch!

VWL Mom
02-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Disney announced today that Disney Parks Mobile Magic is now available for iPhones (it's a free app.)

I thought the wait times would be more exact; they're the same descriptions as you find on the mobile website.

Thanks for the info!! Had this before I upgrade to Iphone and liked it a lot.

With Verizon the actual wait times/fp returns don't appear until you are actually in the park and the location services on your phone is active.

brownie
02-25-2012, 11:27 AM
With Verizon the actual wait times/fp returns don't appear until you are actually in the park and the location services on your phone is active.

Good to know. I'm looking forward to trying it out in October (maybe sooner if some work comes through for us in Florida.)

Quadstriker
02-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the info!! Had this before I upgrade to Iphone and liked it a lot.

Is this one of those things where the wait times are updated by park-goers (and are nearly always worthless) or are these "official" wait times updated by cast members operating the ride?

Because if it's "official" times that could save a walk across the park!

brownie
02-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Is this one of those things where the wait times are updated by park-goers (and are nearly always worthless) or are these "official" wait times updated by cast members operating the ride?

Because if it's "official" times that could save a walk across the park!

They're not submitted by users. The times are the official attraction wait times.

Quadstriker
02-26-2012, 01:05 PM
They're not submitted by users. The times are the official attraction wait times.

[Mr. Burns]

Exxxxcellent

[/Mr. Burns]

DizneyRox
02-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Hmmm... Doesn't show up on my iPad, but does on my iPhone. Interesting... Does have Verizon plastered all over it, even though I'm on ATT. Easy to look past that...

DisneyDog
02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
I just installed it on my ATT iphone. I will be there in 35 days. I think I have a few too many WDW apps. I hope I don't get confused which one to use!

brownie
02-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Hmmm... Doesn't show up on my iPad, but does on my iPhone. Interesting... Does have Verizon plastered all over it, even though I'm on ATT. Easy to look past that...

My son couldn't find it on his iPod Touch.

kakn7294
02-28-2012, 02:04 PM
A friend downloaded and used it on the first day it was available for iphone. She said it works great - it is the official attraction wait times, not user submitted times. She also said it will not work until you are inside the main gate of the parks - not even standing outside at the turnstiles, so it's very gps specific. I believe it's not compatible with ipod or ipad, only with iphone. You can use it with any carrier, but Verizon customers are supposed to get special additional features (although I think it's just videos so no biggie).

SBETigg
02-28-2012, 04:47 PM
I have it on my iPhone. It's pretty cool. There's a lot you can look at even far away from a park, but the wait times are just generalized (Moderate, high) until you enter a park, and then apparently they get much more specific with actual times.

Kenny1113
02-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Just downloaded it after reading this thread. Looks great! :mickey:

sixshot19
02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Canadian's get left out in the cold again. Why can't Disney release these things universally. Seriously like 90% of us live within a few hundred kilometers from the US border.

BrerGnat
02-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Just downloaded it to my new Android phone (AT&T). It's cool!

When did it become free, though? I would be MAD if I had paid $9.99 for it when it first came out.

Can't wait to try it out in an actual park now!

brownie
02-29-2012, 11:55 AM

When did it become free, though? I would be MAD if I had paid $9.99 for it when it first came out.

Can't wait to try it out in an actual park now!

They made it free at the end of August (2011.) I think the most it was for the Android app was $1.99, though.

DizneyRox
02-29-2012, 12:20 PM
There was a charge for this? WOW!

I'll confirm functionality works great on the iPhone with location faking apps available. I see wait times and fastpass return times. Looking for a place to eat right now!

I parked myself on a bench in back of Cinderella Castle and Magic Kingdom info opened up. Epcot was still locked until I "enter" that park.

Doesn't do me any good, but for those that just need to know...

Neat...

BrerGnat
02-29-2012, 12:52 PM
There was a charge for this? WOW!

Yep. When this app first came out for Verizon customers, it was something like $6.99 or $9.99 PER SIX MONTH access! It was outrageous.

kakn7294
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Can't wait to try it out in an actual park now!I DID pay the $9.99 way back when but I'm not mad. I'm just happy it's free now.

Patricia
03-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Canadian's get left out in the cold again. Why can't Disney release these things universally. Seriously like 90% of us live within a few hundred kilometers from the US border.

Yeah, I'm surprised this being an app to use while in the parks isn't available to anyone who may be traveling there?

Personally, I don't use my phone in the parks because of the roaming charges, but I know other people that would spend the extra money.

AgentC
03-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I tried it out on my iPhone Wednesday night. It worked great. For a short time Pirates of the Caribbean was not working and the app showed out of service for the ride.

On an iPhone to get the exact wait time even in the park, you do have to have location services turned on for the app. Since leaving that on tended to be a battery drain. I only turned it one when I wanted to check an exact time.

Kenny1113
03-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Do you have to be in a park to see specific times or can you be NEAR a park (like at the resort). I am tring to decide about adding an extra day the day we arrive to take DS8 to TOT and RnR. If lines are insane I won't do it.

Patricia
03-03-2012, 08:50 PM
From all reports here, you'd have to be in the park gates for the exact times.. but you would have the usual "see now" , "moderate", etc.. listings you can see from home.

Kenny1113
03-18-2012, 01:40 PM
I found the app useful when it worked. I have 4g on AT&T.my signal was spotty and often times the app wouldn't load. However other wait time apps would.

The app will show you wait times for the rides for the land that you are in while at MK. For example while in tomorrowland you can see wait time and FP return time for Buzz but not Splash Mt. While at EPCOT when in future world you can see all rides future world. While in AK I could see wait times for all rides.

AgentC
03-18-2012, 08:51 PM
I found the app useful when it worked. I have 4g on AT&T.my signal was spotty and often times the app wouldn't load. However other wait time apps would.

The app will show you wait times for the rides for the land that you are in while at MK. For example while in tomorrowland you can see wait time and FP return time for Buzz but not Splash Mt. While at EPCOT when in future world you can see all rides future world. While in AK I could see wait times for all rides.

Did you try using the "by time" option? I used it today and it defaulted to "near you" for wait times, but I could change it.

I have Verizon and I did not have any problems loading the app. I did have a problem when I was in one building and the app suddenly thought I was no longer in the park.