PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how I am going to be able to wait until 2014.

AmandaChan
02-24-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm sure there is a the occassional post like this but I just have to share... I am having withdraws. I love looking at our pictures of our past trips, they are one of my most precious possessions. I can not wait to take my children in 2014. I just don't know if I could wait that long. I love looking at pictures of the food too. DH always made it a point to take pictures of a lot of the food we got at restaurants and CS.

buzznwoodysmom
02-24-2012, 06:13 PM
You are not alone!!! Each trip we say we will take a year or two off, and we end up back in WDW in about 9 months. Our Christmas trip this year was no different. We decided not to return till 2013, yet I am still secretly wishing for a 2012 trip.

My husband is in the military and will be in Germany for almost the entire month of August. As much as I hate the idea of WDW in the Aug. heat my mom and I have been playing with the idea of a cheap trip, just her, myself, and my boys. I even booked Ohana's for our first night just incase. Not sure I'll actually go through with it, but I'd love to go back. If not August we have no plans till at least Easter or late May of 2013. I hate not having a full trip in the works!

I'm sure there are many more just like us. I tell my husband it must be a sickness! I'm ok with that, I could have much worse habits. ;) Good luck fighting the "homesickness".

Mary Chase
02-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I completely understand how you feel! We usually go every year and we sometimes feel like we'll take a year off, but I can't do it. Now, I'm just waiting for the flight schedules to open up for our time frame to get an idea of how much it's going to cost. And waiting for Disney to release the deals I am praying they will release as they have in the past. I know we're going to go - but even waiting to get into the planning phase is hard!

Gregandmel
02-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Oh yes - many of us feel your pain! LOL. We planned our first family trip in 2008 and this was going to be our "Once in a Lifetime" trip (because you know....everyone should visit Disney at least once in their life if they can). As soon as we got back from our first trip in 2008, I was busy planning another trip with my parents and family! It's been not quite 2 years since our April 2010 trip and I do not know when we will get back there. We have a son in college and my husband is now a teacher so we are sort of forced into the "summer/xmas" schedule. I was just thumbing through our scrapbook as well the other day and my heart almost hurt from wanting to go back so badly! So funny the feelings that Disney can bring up in some people. In the meantime....just look through your pictures and start planning things a bit at a time to help pass the time while you wait!! :thumbsup:

Obietiger
02-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm sure there is a the occassional post like this but I just have to share... I am having withdraws. I love looking at our pictures of our past trips, they are one of my most precious possessions. I can not wait to take my children in 2014. I just don't know if I could wait that long. I love looking at pictures of the food too. DH always made it a point to take pictures of a lot of the food we got at restaurants and CS.

We understand your frustration. We moved to Florida to be closer. :cloud9: best place on earth:mickey:

AmandaChan
02-25-2012, 11:52 AM
obietiger - believe me, DH and I have seriously talked in length about moving to Florida. He graduated with bachelors in communication and his DREAM job would be to work on promotions for the parks in some way. He would move to Florida now if I said it was okay (don't feel like moving a young family just yet) and he would be just as happy working as a CM on an attraction or something.

disneymomma2010
02-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Im glad I'm not the only one! :mickey: I told our family during our last trip in october that we could not come back next year, we need to pay down debt and work towards a new house. But everyday I get weaker and weaker! I'm checking intercot daily to get my fix, intercot, you are such an enabler! Not a day goes by that my boys don't say "I want to go to disney world." I have even turned my husband into a disney nut and he says things to me like "how could we let a year go by without going to disney world?" I'm trying to be strong here but I'm about to break! I don't know if I can wait till next year! :wait::crazy:

ChipNDale79
02-26-2012, 08:27 AM
My wife and I have been a lot since our honeymoon in 2008, our last trip was last march and our next one is not planned until December 2013. That's a long wait!!

We had our first son last July and are expecting another child due in August, therefore we've decided to put off our next trip until both kids are at least a year old. So our next trip will be our first with kids and will be our most magical yet.

AmandaChan
02-26-2012, 08:42 AM
chip, DH and I always used to joke that the only reason we were having kids was to take them to WDW. Taking our son last year (he was 13 months) was very much magical, he had his first haircut, first time he walked alone... the trip itself was kind of stressful with the whole family but when DH and I went out by ourselves with DS we had the besttt time. I can't wait to take both of our kids!

WDWgoofy
02-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Its crazy. We we're just at WDW in early Feb and I was thinking the visit was just too quick and I am already looking forward to when I can return.

I do not know when that will be but I know it will be fun!:mickey:

HackLaSalle
02-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Last trip was in december 11. Weve been planning on going back but got engaged august of last year so now everything vacation wise is on hold until after October 13. Only way wed be able to go is with a really good deal/pincode. Youtube has been the biggest help through the withdrawal.

CynBeth
02-26-2012, 02:03 PM
We don't have kids and love Disney! We just went Thanksgiving Week 2011. That was our first time going around the holidays and now we are hoping to go back in Dec 2013.

SuzieBell
02-26-2012, 04:51 PM
You are no way alone in this! I'm sure there are many more who don't even say anything! I can not WAIT to go back in 2014! DH not as big a fan, so we can only go every 3 years! Just got back last year in June and I'm already planning out next visit! I'm hoping everything will be done in Fantasyland and some good deals come along! :mickey:
I made a WDW scrapbook board in my computer room so I can look at it everyday! I'm on several sites daily to get my fix! Working on my scrapbook from last trip - slowly taking my time & savor the moments!

BrerGnat
02-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, we went in 2010 for the first time with our boys, and on that trip DH said "we'll be back in 5 years."

Our second trip was December 2011...

We are planning a Disneyland trip for a week this November.

My guess is that you'll be back sooner rather than later. ;)

However, even if not, 2014 is not that far away! Think of the awesome time you will have with TWO little ones. :mickey:

However, how old will your oldest be? You might have to convince your husband to make "one more trip" while he is still FREE! Once he turns 3, he's a payin' for park admission AND food!

spinnerf
02-26-2012, 09:55 PM
You never know.... We had purchased the annual pass this year because 2 planned trips, one with my wife and 2 kids and one with the whole extended family. So my wife calls me at work Weds before MLK weekend with good airfare. We shot down for a weekend at WDW from New York. It was very spontaneous and believe it or not very relaxed because we had no expectations. No reservations!! And yet we ate great and had a blast.

MrPeetrie
02-27-2012, 12:10 AM
AmandaChan, I know exactly how you feel. Prior to our last trip this past October, we hadn't been back to Walt Disney World since 2007. It was so difficult staying away. On our last visit, I purchased an Annual Pass for me, but 10-day hoppers for wife and DD8. (DS is only 19 months. He's part of the reason we hadn't been back in a while.) After my DD had accidentally magnetically erased her ticket, I went to Customer Service to have it replaced. When I rejoined my family, I told them I upgraded their tickets to APs, too. So, we're going back in 2012. Yeah!!!

Like many other posts, my DW and I have talked that when our kids are grown and on their own, we will move to Florida and "hopefully" work for Disney. At the very least, we'll be close enough to visit more frequently.

As for your 2014 trip, good luck and keep watching those old videos and looking at photos. They do help!

Gator
02-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Shoot, it's been only a year now, and I'm planning on either this Dec or next Feb....and I'm going crazy right now. All I can think about is how I wish I was planning some ADRs, or I wish I was listening to Liberty Voices right now, or I wish I was downing a Mickey Bar followed by a Dole Float. I'm pretty sure there's a clinical name for this.

darthmacho
02-27-2012, 03:37 PM
I understand. We went unexpectedly in 2003, and I had planned on going back for our 10th anniversary in 2008, but we didn't get back until 2010. It was an excruciating 7 year wait. I had planned on holding out until 2013, but we'r now doing a 14 day trip in August this year! I simply couldn't wait, despite it probably being in our best interest financially. :wait::plot::spend:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Last trip with kids - 2004
Last trip period - hubby and I - 2009
Next trip - This June 2012
Next trip after that probably not til June 2015.

minnie-mouse
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
The good thing about waiting til 2014 is that the whole new Fantasyland Expansionwill be completed and open for you to enjoy. I know it is hard to wait, but it will be worth it.

AmandaChan
02-28-2012, 04:44 PM
The good thing about waiting til 2014 is that the whole new Fantasyland Expansionwill be completed and open for you to enjoy. I know it is hard to wait, but it will be worth it.

We kind of took that into consideration as well. I just hope the park isn't too crazy. II wonder if early October is usually a more calmed down time?? When exactly is the last openings?

micky95
03-05-2012, 04:35 PM
we just got back from our last trip.we had ap and went 6 times since last march.dw says we'll wait until dec. to get ap again then she says she knows we can't wait that long.i sympathize with y'all that live so far away and have the extra travel expense.it takes us 2 tanks of gas and 5.5 hours.i think that makes wanting to go even worse.so close and yet so far.we have our fellow intercotee's to feed our addiction so for now that will have to do.:mickey:

antngoof89
03-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Nope, not alone. My family and I made a trip together in 2009, then decided that we needed to go with my GF in 2010, we just made a trip "just immediate family" In January and I left the DGF at home, but while there I decided I couldn't stand that she wasn't there with me so I'm planning our first trip together as a couple in May. You're not alone at all. My mother has successfully turned me into a "Disney Nut."