PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, another question about online ADR's

mom2morgan
02-24-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm playing around with it again, and it looks like I have to go to the page for each restaurant individually to make a reservation - is that correct? Or is there some central pager where I can just pick the restaurant from a drop down menu? I'm just afraid with my SLOW internet connection that so much navigating between pages will really slow down my process, and I might miss some that I want! Here's what I'm booking - which do you think I should do first?
Le Cellier - lunch
Sci Fi
O'Hana
Akershus
Crystal Palace br - only if I can be there before the park opens
Biergarten
Whispering Canyon
maybe San Angel
1900 Park Fare
Coral Reef
Tusker House late breakfast

BOTTOM LINE - is it worth the effort to make reservations online? I'm reasoning that if I wait until the phone lines open at 7:00, some of the things I want might already be snapped up by early rising internet users. The whole thing is stressing me out - not helped by the fact that it will be 4 in the morning here, LOL

KatrinaJ91
02-24-2012, 01:58 PM
No you can see eveything available at once. Go to the Disney World site and click the Where to Eat tab, the top link is Make Dining Reservations, click that.
Then you just put in what park (or location), date and time preferred and party size. It will then list all the restaurants in that location that have available reservations. You can pick from there to make your ADRs then.

Hope this helps!!

KatrinaJ91
02-24-2012, 02:05 PM
If you want to check all availablity for a certain date, just leave the No Preference in the location slot. You do have to put in specific dates though.

SBETigg
02-24-2012, 02:25 PM
If you have a slow internet connection, I think the online system will be an exercise in frustration. I recommend calling instead.

mom2morgan
02-24-2012, 04:06 PM
thanks Katrina - I really went the long way last time! I see I can just enter the restaurant name and search that way. However, it might be true that with slow internet it isn't worth it - I post here from work, but I'm not planning on being at work at 4:00 am, LOL

mickeys_princess_mom
02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
If you want to check all availablity for a certain date, just leave the No Preference in the location slot. You do have to put in specific dates though.

This way is very convenient, and super easy. Select a time in the middle of the range you want, and you can see all the available restaurants. I prefer to call now, cause I don't like typing my credit card into my computer (I know, it's everywhere, but I'm still funny about that). Plus we have had luck on the phone sometimes when the computer showed no availability. Good luck! :wave:

Mom on a Mission
02-24-2012, 09:17 PM
If your connection is slow, I definitely suggest calling instead. I find the disney web-site gets quite bogged down the more you do. It's like it never clears out what you've done and just keeps piling it on. Also, if you make a mistake you can get kicked out a few steps and have to start over. I find it quite frustrating, especially if I'm doing a bunch of resi's.

That said, I had to wait 25 minutes to get a human on the phone line today, and that was at 11:00 in the morning. Hardly first thing.

Good luck!