PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Music resort?

minnie-mouse
02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
What can you tell me about the ASm resort? For someone who is used to the Poly and moderates, what do I need to know about staying in a value? Is it loud at night? Are there any buildings that are quieter than others? We will have a car so don't need to worry about buses, although want to be in good walking distance to food court for breakfast. Also, we have two DDs (6&9), do you think they will like it there?

waymickey
02-24-2012, 12:44 PM
ASMusic is a nice resort with a big disney feel. It is nice for families with small children and yes your children should like it. However you need to go into it with an open mind and remeber that it will not have some of the things you may be used at moderates or the POLY.

We did the values when our DD was small but once she was 11 we went to the WL. We love the WL it has everything we want in a vacation. We did POP last summer and did not like it. There was nothing wrong w/ POP we just missed the lobby ,the lake, the boats and the general feel of an inside resort.

wildernesslady
02-24-2012, 02:02 PM
We generally stay at our DVC or a moderate. We do stay at the ASMU when I take my dance studio. They participate in Magic Music Days. I think your children will enjoy it. The food court is pretty decent. Some of the rooms; however, are far from the main building. You may want to get a preferred room. The rooms are smaller than what you are used to, but when we stay there, we aren't in our room much. Go with an open mind. I'm sure you will enjoy.

Obietiger
02-24-2012, 02:53 PM
We have stayed here and didn't find it to loud at all.The kids will love the nightly movie by the pool and the fun activities.Great food court.It not super fancy and the rooms are little smaller then some of the other Disney resorts but meet are needs perfectly as we don't spend much time in our room anyway.

brad192
02-25-2012, 04:20 PM
And the $250+ a night savings vs. the Poly ain't bad either...:cool:

mydisneygirls
02-25-2012, 07:53 PM
I had reservations there once and upon arriving and getting to our room, I quickly changed and upgraded to POR. Being that we have stayed mostly at the Poly, WL once and POR twice, the feel of the resort just wasn't for me. Like Waymickey said, there is nothing wrong with the values, I just like more of a WOW atmosphere. As the others said, just keep an open mind.

minnie-mouse
02-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks everyone. I think we will probablygo with a moderate. DH likes more of a resort atmosphere with the beach areas, etc.

disneynarula
02-28-2012, 10:46 AM
I have stayed at all the "tiers" of Disney resorts. I was satisfied with my room at AllStarMusic. We had a room about two buildings down from the "piano pool". It was not that loud at night. It was a ten to fifteen minute walk to the main buildings.

We had a car so I asked for a room far away from the main building but near a parking lot. I knew we were not going to be using the food court or main pool very often.

It isn't the Poly. There are not as many services at the values. That is why they are 1/4 of the price.

Go with an open mind and save yourself some money!

texas211
02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
I stayed for the first time at Music last year. Horrible. Rooms were small and worn. But the worst part, like a zoo. I figured it was going to be chaotic because i was going on the cheap. But, noisy, packed, and Brazilian tour groups all over the place. After almost starting an international incident, disney moved me to a different resort.

If you like tons of wild animals running, loud, and 10 mile walk to the front of the resort (if you are in the back) go for it. If not, stay elsewhere.