PDA

View Full Version : Visa Reward Card Question

Urbss
02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi!!

My wife and I currently have the original Disney Rewards card and dismissed upgrading to the preferred card because of the $49 annual fee.

Then, this afternoon I listened to the Episode #29 Intercot Podcast (good one btw!!) and someone mentioned that there was a deal going on right now for those that upgrade. I think the deal was for $100 rebate on your first bill.

I was just on their web-site and couldn't find anything about this.

Does anyone know where I could find more information about this? Obviously our Intercot leaders found this info somewhere.

Thanks,
Tom

Butters
02-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I believe this is only for new card members not those who are upgrading to premier

Figment!
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Here's the official site for the offer:

Disney Premier Visa Offer (http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/disney_premier/chasecomdisney?CELL=6KFH80)

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
I believe this is only for new card members not those who are upgrading to premier

Correct, new cardholders that elect to get the no annual fee card are eligible for a $50 statement credit and those that elect to get the annual fee card will get $100.

Existing cardholders can upgrade, but are not eligible for the $100 credit.

I don't know how to do it, but there is already a long thread on this subject in this forum.

We upgraded, even though I despise annual fees, but by my conservative estimates my reward earnings should increase annually by about $150 with the new card, offset that by the $49 annual fee and I should still come out $100 ahead, maybe more depending on how I do with the 5% 3 month intro rate.

Urbss
02-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone. I guess that clears that up. It wouldn't make sense for me to start paying an extra $50.00 per year for the Disney Rewards since we do most of our grocery shopping and gas purchases through the same company and receive food perks and gas perks.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Just a quick follow up. My first full month statement (since I upgraded) posted yesterday. I went and looked at my Disney Rewards for the month and saw that I earned over $100!!:number1:

I think I had about $28 in 2% rewards, which means that I gained $14 off the new program (as I would have gotten 1% anyway). I think I had about $35 in regular 1% rewards and then the big kicker, nearly $50 in the 5% bonus category (for the first 90 days).

So after 1 month I've already covered the annual fee +, so the rest of the year is total gravy and extra rewards, and I have two more months yet with the extra 5% bonus.

Since my DW wants to plan a trip for December or January, this comes at a great time.

BrowncatP
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I thought that this was the best place to say- My husband just surprised me today with the Disney Visa card. Yea! I'll use the gift card on our Nov trip.:party: