PDA

View Full Version : Rider Swap Question

dntccc
02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
I know that you can use Rider Swap in a situation when you have a child that does not meet the height requirement for a ride where one parent can ride while the other one waits with the child, and then the other parent can ride. However, can you use Rider Swap in a situation where a child meets the height requirement but does not want to ride due to fear of the ride?

For example, assuming our daughter is 44" by the next time we go to WDW, I am pretty sure she will ride Space Mountain and Expedition Everest. However, our son, who is a little over 48" tall will not ride it because he does not like fast rollercoasters. He rode them the last time we went but said he did not like them and did not want to ride them again.

Would they allow my wife or I to first ride with our daughter and then swap out where the other one does not have to wait in line again (or be given a pass to use the fast pass lane)?

MickeysBestPal
02-23-2012, 07:36 PM
I know that you can use Rider Swap in a situation when you have a child that does not meet the height requirement for a ride where one parent can ride while the other one waits with the child, and then the other parent can ride. However, can you use Rider Swap in a situation where a child meets the height requirement but does not want to ride due to fear of the ride?

For example, assuming our daughter is 44" by the next time we go to WDW, I am pretty sure she will ride Space Mountain and Expedition Everest. However, our son, who is a little over 48" tall will not ride it because he does not like fast rollercoasters. He rode them the last time we went but said he did not like them and did not want to ride them again.

Would they allow my wife or I to first ride with our daughter and then swap out where the other one does not have to wait in line again (or be given a pass to use the fast pass lane)?

Depends on the CM(s) there at the time.
I'd guess many times they'll allow you to do so.

magicjasb
02-24-2012, 08:04 AM
This question made me think of one of our trips. My son was 3 at the time and ended up afraid of all the rides. He was more content sitting and waiting than riding anything, even It's a Small World! When we went to get on Toy Story Mania we asked if we could do a Rider Swap. The CM replied that he was big enough to go on and would probably like it. When we explained that he got so upset on Winnie the Pooh that he threw up, he very quickly gave us a Rider Swap ticket:mickey: It doesn't hurt to ask at each ride. Good Luck!

Mickey'sGirl
02-24-2012, 08:38 AM
The Rider swap is NOT just for those who do not meet the height requirements. Absolutely you will be able to swap in the circumstance you describe. It's a fabulous tool for families! :thumbsup:

WDWdriver
02-24-2012, 08:39 AM
... can you use Rider Swap in a situation where a child meets the height requirement but does not want to ride due to fear of the ride?

Sure. Most CMs will gladly hand you a rider swap pass in this situation.