PDA

View Full Version : Guests Celebrating One More Disney Day at Disneyland Park

Chescat
02-23-2012, 01:39 AM
From the Disneyland Blog:

Guests Celebrating One More Disney Day at Disneyland Park Could Receive Limited-Edition Commemorative Ear Hats
posted on February 17th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Big news for those planning to spend One More Disney Day at Disneyland park on February 29! Guests entering the park when it opens at 6 a.m. will receive a limited-edition ear hat commemorating the event, while supplies last. Ear hats are limited to a supply of 2,000 for guests who enter through the designated turnstiles when Disneyland park opens at 6 a.m. on February 29.

I got a sneak peek at the One More Disney Day limited-edition ear hat myself today – check it out!

Here are some things you should know if you are planning to join us when Disneyland park opens at 6 a.m. on February 29:

Guests may begin lining up no earlier than 10 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28.
Guests planning to line up before Disneyland park opens must park in the Pumbaa Parking Lot on Disney Way between 10 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28 and 6 a.m. on February 29. Please note that the Pumbaa Lot will not begin to offer shuttle service to the East Esplanade until 6 a.m. on February 29. Click here for a map of Disneyland Resort parking areas.
Restrooms will be available for guests who line up before Disneyland park opens.
A special ticket booth will be available prior to Disneyland park opening for guests needing to purchase park admission for February 29. Valid park admission is required in order to enter Disneyland park and to receive the commemorative ear hat.
Commemorative ear hats will be distributed, while supplies last, to guests who enter through the designated turnstiles beginning at 6 a.m. on February 29, when Disneyland park officially opens. Limit one ear hat per person, and you must be present at the time of distribution.
Please remember that being in line and entering the park does not guarantee that you will receive a commemorative ear hat. Ear hats are limited to a supply of 2,000 for guests who enter through the designated turnstiles when Disneyland park opens at 6 a.m. on February 29.
Be sure to check the list of items that are not permitted inside Disneyland park as you plan what you will bring with you that day. Admission to the park is subject to capacity restrictions.

See you at One More Disney Day – February 29!

And to think I was going to meet somebody there around lunch that day. Think I'll pass. :blush:

Picture of the hat here. (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/category/disneyland-resort/disneyland-park/)

gerald72
02-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Lining up at 10pm for an event that doesn't end until 32 hours afterwards? That's an awful long couple of nights.

BrerGnat
02-23-2012, 07:58 AM
The lining up at 10pm thing is ONLY if you want to try to get one of the first 2,000 ear hats. That's INSANE. It's basically a hat with a sticker on it...

I expect Disneyland will be MOBBED on that day, though. Locals will not think twice about taking off work, pulling their kids out of school, etc. I would stay FAR away if I lived there (although, maybe I'd sneak over at 1am after my family was sound asleep for a couple rides on Space Mtn). ;)

Is anyone planning to go? If so, report back!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
02-23-2012, 10:42 AM
I am planning on attending.
Will report back.
Not going to wait in line overnight for a cheap giveaway though.
:smickey:

tinkwest
02-23-2012, 10:45 AM
IF I lived closer I MIGHT have considered going for a few hours LATE LATE LATE at night. But I'm not going to gamble and make the 180 mile round trip drive hoping that crowds have dwindled late in the day. Especially after hearing about this added promotion. There are those that would start lining up eight hours prior to park opening just to get a hat with a sticker. I hope those that go have fun, but I don't think it's for me.

Disney4us2
02-23-2012, 12:00 PM
I thought about going down very early (4AM) to get a leap year pin. I will not camp out and the line for the pin will be long and will sell out by the time I get to the front of the line.... so no, I won't be going down on that day.

Chescat
02-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Have a friend coming in from out of town going to drive straight there. Told him to call me that morning to see what the crowds are like before I commit to going around lunchtime. I don't plan on staying over night.

Was lucky to stay over night for my Grad Night, then Captain EO & Star Tours weekends. Love watching the park in the wee hours.

Disney4us2
02-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Just called Disneyland to see how the crowd was. Was told the longest line at 3pm is Space Mountain at 40 minutes.

Looks like we will make a run down there after all.

Chescat
02-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Got there around noon time and wasn't too too bad. Unfortunately they decided to film an episode of Modern Family today. So in the morning they were at Adventureland, then Splash Mountain. When we went back over to Disneyland at 2:00pm they were filming at the front where everybody was trying to go in.

As the afternoon went on it got more and more crowded because people were getting off work and kids from school. Toy Story parking lot was full when I left. With the weather being in the high 50's, I bet most people won't stay. They have been saying if it doesn't rain they will be doing a special Fantasmic at 1:00am. Friend is still there until 6:00am. I left at 4:00....

They have a t-shirt about Leap year. You got a button as you went through the turnstiles at Disneyland (not DCA) and a button if you go and see Captain EO. No pins found.

Disney4us2
03-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Took us an hour to get off rhe freeway, park, and get on the tram. Eating at Whitewater instead of in the park.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
03-01-2012, 12:36 AM
It wasn't too busy until we were leaving the resort. Lines to get into Disneyland went across the esplanade to DCA. M&F was a disaster. Thankfully we were on the way out!

The park all day was delightful. We went late and left early. We used FP on BTMRR, and SM. The rest we waited in line. Only really long line was TSMM and that took about an hour.

They should have planned more merchandise though. Only sizes left when we got there was XL and XXL. Boo!

All in all a great One More Disney Day.

Oh and thank you the planners at TDA who thought today would be a good day logistically to film Modern Family. Really?!?! On a busier than normal day?? I like the show and the Disney synergy but yesterday or tomorrow would have been better.

:smickey:

2Epcot
03-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Lots of reports of the park being at capacity. Long lines to get into the parking garage, long lines for security, and again for the turnstiles. Quite a few people saying they were not letting people in until others left. Also the park being just very full of people.

I went there earlier in the afternoon for a few hours. I was planning to return around midnight, but after seeing how large the crowds were I changed my mind.

Sounds like Disney was even a little surprised at how popular this turned out, and how large crowds grew as the night went on.

I agree that filming an episode of Modern Family wasn't the greatest idea during this special event, though it was probably planned a long time ago. Also, they should have kept DCA open longer.

BrerGnat
03-01-2012, 08:14 AM
I was surprised to read a tweet that the park was closed due to capacity around midnight.

Actually, not that surprised. Just goes to show how popular the park is with local AP holders.

Seems like it was a fun event.

Disney4us2
03-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Here is our full experience. The previous post was from my phone.

We left the house at 5:30 pm (with rush hour traffic) to arrive at the south bound 5 carpool lane exit. It took us about an hour to get off the freeway and park the car. The regular DL exit (2 lanes) was just as bad, if not worse.

By the time we got off the tram it was 8:45pm. We went to the Grand Californian's Whitewater snacks for dinner. Just had a feeling the all the places in DL would be mobbed.... and they were as not everything was open. Finally we got into the park, before the WOC at DCA let out.

The gates were not crowded when we got there... bag check was horrible though. I left my scooter home and used my walker instead and so glad I did. We really did quite a bit considering the massive crowds. We were on the train around 12pm and saw a mob outside the gates. They were not letting anyone in as the park was at capacity. The esplanade was a mass of people. Stopped at the Emporuim and got a T-shirt and we were done for the evening.

We stayed until 1AM and made our way to the tram. People were still arriving with full trams at that time. The back check line was just as bad as before... all the way out to the fountain from the M&F side. We left the parking lot at 1:30am and got home in just under an hour.

I am glad I did go, even with the crowds. You could feel the excitement and party atmosphere. I originally had no plans to go and now I wish we had gone earlier in the day. Still, we had fun and Jessica will have an experience she won't forget.

NewDVCowner
03-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Chescat
03-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Did any of you guys see the Fantasmic show that was suppose to happen at 1:00am? Wasn't sure if that would happen. Was a rumor.

Was actually surprised at what happened. I was convinced I wasn't going since I figured the park would be crowded around noon. Longest ride seems to be 35 mins then. Maybe what happened is, the people that wanted the merchandise got in at opening. Then went to work/school. Then decided to stay over night since that was the "event". Then would only miss one day of work/school. I never have figured these things out.

One thing I did learn. Yesterday was the first day I parked in the Toy Story Parking Lot. Its sooo much easier than the structure. They even sell tickets there. The buses going from that parking lot are full size buses, so I didn't freeze my rear off going back in the open tram. Leaving onto Harbor you got more options than the other way.

Disney4us2
03-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Did any of you guys see the Fantasmic show that was suppose to happen at 1:00am? Wasn't sure if that would happen. Was a rumor.

One thing I did learn. Yesterday was the first day I parked in the Toy Story Parking Lot. Its sooo much easier than the structure. They even sell tickets there. The buses going from that parking lot are full size buses, so I didn't freeze my rear off going back in the open tram. Leaving onto Harbor you got more options than the other way.

We were on our way out at 1am. The CM's were telling everyone entering that the Fantasmic show was already full.

Where is the Toy Story lot? Is it scooter accessible?

2Epcot
03-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Where is the Toy Story lot? Is it scooter accessible?

The Toy Story lot is just across the street (East) from the Anaheim Convention Center. I'm not sure about scooters, you board regular buses that take you the park. I've only parked there twice. I still prefer the Mickey & Friends structure.

Chescat
03-02-2012, 11:44 PM
This is what I found on the Disneyland website:

Transportation is provided from the Mickey and Friends parking structure and the Toy Story parking area to the Main Entry Plaza. Please note: oversized wheelchairs, Electric Convenience Vehicles and scooters may be too large for some of our transportation.

Next time I go I'll ask them what the size limitation is on the buses. They seem to be using the buses that are like the hotel buses where there is a front entrance and a side one.

Disney4us2
03-03-2012, 01:01 AM
This is what I found on the Disneyland website:

Next time I go I'll ask them what the size limitation is on the buses. They seem to be using the buses that are like the hotel buses where there is a front entrance and a side one.

Thanks. We are going again tomorrow. I will stick with M&F lot, but ask as well. Just gives another option. I know the trams are easier than being tied down like on the WDW busses.