PDA

View Full Version : Cheap lunch at AK

IloveJack
02-22-2012, 01:29 PM
In our day at the AK, we're having breakfast with Donald, and then dinner at Flame Tree. However, I'm sure we'll get hungry in between. What's a good, cheap lunch place? I'm dropping the dining plan from our package (added it all up and it's cheaper to go OOP, especially with a 3-yr old who wouldn't eat $20 worth of food in a week, much less a day!), but I'm still looking for snack-type prices. I can't imagine we'll be starving after Tusker House at 9:30, but 9.5 hours is a long time with no food.

LandFan
02-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Pizzafari? Yak & Yeti's counter service? Not many other options in AK...

DVC2004
02-22-2012, 01:41 PM
If you're having breakfast and dinner then I'd say you'll probably be OK with just some snacks later. We rarely eat 3 meals a day at Disney. Fill up at breakfast then you can share a pizza maybe or even get by on some soft pretzels. Yak and Yeti counterservice too as mentioned above, maybe you can just get 1 or 2 things and share. This is what we do alot and I have two teen boys who eat so...

cer
02-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Flame Tree Barbeque is another yummy CS option. Although, I don't know how inexpensive.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
If your looking for snack type places, my son loves the funnel cakes. There is a place to get them over by Camp Minnie Mickey.

ElenitaB
02-22-2012, 05:22 PM
As it gets really warm in AK in June, I imagine that you'll want to keep your 2-yr old well hydrated, they sell whole and cut fresh fruit back near Tusker House. They also have a big fruit plate at Flametree BBQ; it will run you about $7 but is so large that it could be shared as a snack.

There's also a kiosk that sells egg rolls (they've served us as a light lunch in MK); you can get chicken or corn dog nuggets near the Flights of Wonder (easy to share). The Yak & Yeti CS location sells sides of pork egg rolls or fried rice.

Another idea would be to pick up some carrot sticks/ranch dressing, PB&J, or the like from your resort CS, and pack it with your younger daughter's gear so it will keep cool.

KatrinaJ91
02-22-2012, 08:30 PM
The Harambe Fruit Market has alot of good snack items....Pizzafari or Yak & Yeti CS would be good options as well.

#1donaldfan
02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
The breakfast will keep you full for hours and until dinner.....maybe a pretzel and some fruit with lots of water......:cool:

diz_girl
02-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Africa, across from Tusker House, served a limited lunch menu when we were there in November. You had a choice of three entrees. I had the Tandoori Chicken salad. It was pretty good. Everyone had something different and everyone liked their meal. Entrees were $8-9 and drinks were $2-3. I don't think that they had a kids' meal.

minnie-mouse
02-24-2012, 10:22 AM
We love Pizzafaryi! You can get a pizza and split it and the side salad if you are not that hungry. They also have breadsticks you could snack on. The atmosphere is colorful and fun for the 3 year old.

SBETigg
02-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Yak and Yeti counter service is good and you can probably get by with some snacks or splitting meals. But, if you're looking to take a break from the heat and cool down a bit with a little one, I like Restaurantosaurus over in the Dino Land area. Is it still called that, not sure? It's the usual Disney counter service selections, burgers, hot dog, sandwiches, salads. Nothing special, but indoors with AC. Have never been to Pizzafari, but also a good choice if it is indoors with AC and you need to cool down.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-24-2012, 12:21 PM
We love Pizzafaryi! You can get a pizza and split it and the side salad if you are not that hungry. They also have breadsticks you could snack on. The atmosphere is colorful and fun for the 3 year old.

We like to have a bite here right when they open. Beat the lines, and enjoy a refreshing break. The salads are a nice cool treat on those hot days, too. A break from burgers and fries. Lots of seating, kid-friendly. :wave:

LudwigVonDrake
02-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Pizzafari.

CuteAsMinnie
02-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Pizzafari! Pizza is pretty decent and very easy to share!!

:mickey: