PDA

View Full Version : Baby Swap

IloveJack
02-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Is it necessary to obtain two fastpasses when using baby swap? In other words, can my husband get a fastpass and then baby swap for me to ride, or will I also have to have a fastpass?

MickeysBestPal
02-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Info by "doconeil"-

What is the Rider Switch pass?
Sometimes called a Baby Swap, Child Swap or Rider Swap pass, this is a special form of FASTPASS that can be obtained from a Cast Member when there is a young (or otherwise cannot be left unsupervised) guest who can't go on a FASTPASS ride. For the rest of this section, call that person the "ineligible" person, and the person who is staying behind the "stay behind" (I welcome a better term) person. What makes a person "ineligible" is vague - certainly anyone who doesn't meet the height or age requirements (if any) of a ride. A person who does meet the requirements but simply is unwilling to ride does not make them ineligible, but it is up to the Cast Member, and some are more flexible than others.

You can obtain one Rider Switch pass per ineligible/stay behind pair - i.e. one person staying behind but supervising two children can only get one pass, and two adults staying behind for one child can only get one pass, but one pass allows up to three guests to ride.

Also note that a Rider Switch may not be available on a particular attraction, even one that has FASTPASS. Check with a Cast Member to be sure.

To obtain one, you speak to the Cast Member at the entrance (the Greeter). Show them you have a ineligible guest, and they will hand the stay behind guest a Rider Switch pass (sometimes they will hand it to anyone in the party). The remaining guests MUST proceed into the Standby line (or the FASTPASS line if you already have a FASTPASS and the Return Window is open - NOTE: the stay behind may also be required to have a valid FASTPASS if the riders are entering via the FASTPASS line, but this is not confirmed). When those guests exit, the remaining guest and up to two others (so they don't have to ride alone) can then enter the FASTPASS line, turning in the Rider Switch pass. The Rider Switch pass is in fact good for the entire day - you do not have to use it immediately. In fact, they often have expiration dates in the future, so you could theoretically use it on another day.

The Rider Switch pass does NOT entitle the first set of guests automatic access to the FASTPASS line - only for the stay behind guest and up to two extra guests.

For a group with a couple of older kids and a younger one who can't ride, this is a great advantage for the kids - they can ride multiple times. For instance, a family of 5 with two adults, two eligible kids and one ineligible kid, the two eligible kids can ride twice, once with each parent, with the second ride being a shorter wait (unless they use a FASTPASS for the first ride).

Rider Switch passes may also be given out in certain circumstances by Cast Members in compensation for certain reasons (stuck on ride, etc.)

There are also special Rider Switch-like FASTPASS tickets called Attraction Re-Entry tickets that are good on any FASTPASS attraction, also sometimes given in compensation, but they seem to be rare.

Note that some non-FASTPASS attractions may also offer some form of "baby swap", which usually entails a physical transfer of a child at the loading area or some other location. Check with a Cast Member for more details.

Disclaimer: All information has been obtained from various sources, including Disney's official web sites, various community forums, and personal experience. Disney can change operational aspects at any time that could make this information incorrect or invalid, and information could simply be incorrect, but every effort is made to insure that it is correct and is updated as soon as changes are known.

Butters
02-22-2012, 04:41 PM
We just used this for the first time and it works great:thumbsup: