PDA

View Full Version : I have an interview...

disney obsessed
02-22-2012, 08:44 AM
and I am not sure how I feel about it. I have been searching for a part time opportunity since I left my full time position in Nov 09.
I am a little scared but also excited. Trying to reinvent yourself at 49 is an interesting journey. I have been out of the workforce long enough to feel a bit intimidated by the professional world. I am a fairly informal person, what you see is what you get. I am hoping that my laid back style will work for this opportunity.

if not, I guess it was not meant to be.
Wish me pixie dust!!!

Melanie
02-22-2012, 08:54 AM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Best of luck! Just be yourself, and like you said, if it's meant to be it will happen. I can somewhat feel your pain, with my moving often, I have to go through the interview process more than I would wish as well. Let us know how it goes!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Good Luck!

I hope that this is a great fit :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
02-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Good luck!! Sending some pixie dust your way!

faline
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Good luck! Hope all works out exactly as you'd like!

Mickey'sGirl
02-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Good luck to you!

MNNHFLTX
02-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Good luck! Be confident in who you are and what you can bring to the position and you will do fine! :thumbsup:

DVC2004
02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Good luck! Just be yourself.

clausjo
02-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Best of luck to you!

disney obsessed
02-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Well, it went well and, of course, they want me to work with them. However, it is a start up non-profit and a great deal of work still needs to be done before they are viable. While the idea is a good one and the interest appears to be there, I am very concerned about actually making money. I think they may be looking for 'empolyees' to soon. What they really need are volunteers.

So, I quess my decision is weather to assist them with the start up with the hope of making money or to tell them to call me back when they have more in place. Both options are appealing for their own merit.

Any input???

dnickels
02-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Congrats! I'm guessing that if you've been away from work since Nov 2009 that any and all potential unemployment benefits are long-since exhausted right?

If that's the case and their cause is something you support I'd say to go ahead and work with them. If it doesn't go through at least you've got something on your resume instead of a 2 and a half year gap and if it does work out then you're already in the door as they grow rather than having to start at the bottom. If you don't take the job then you have neither of those things. Plus any job is a potential networking opportunity. The people you work with will see if you're a hard worker and that can come in handy down the line when they're deciding who to promote or who to hire at their new company. Unless you've got a good lead on something else it doesn't seem like there's any benefit to not taking the position so take the something instead of the nothing.

whit112harris
03-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Good luck! I hope you aren't too nervous. I would just be yourself.

One tip - ASK QUESTIONS! If you ask questions about the company (their culture, the position, etc.), they will know you did your research and are interested. It is very impressive to meet a candidate that shows genuine interest.