PDA

View Full Version : Where's the howl at haunted mansion?

kbean
02-22-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm an annual pass holder and go almost once a week. For the past six months, maybe longer, the howl hasn't been played outside the HM. I miss hearing it throughout liberty square. What happened?

Also on splash mountain when you hit the laughing place, the water jumping over head and pushing the turtles up haven't worked in months. Another lil thing I miss. Is Disney lacking on repairs?

disney obsessed
02-22-2012, 08:16 AM
I also miss the little fountains that hold up the turtles. It's one of my favorite scenes in all of the parks. I have gone twice since September and it was not there each time.

Melanie
02-22-2012, 08:18 AM
So many of those little elements on Splash haven't been working for ages now. :(

Aurora
02-22-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm an annual pass holder and go almost once a week. For the past six months, maybe longer, the howl hasn't been played outside the HM. I miss hearing it throughout liberty square. What happened?

Also on splash mountain when you hit the laughing place, the water jumping over head and pushing the turtles up haven't worked in months. Another lil thing I miss. Is Disney lacking on repairs?

When we were there last June, we couldn't hear it either and wondered why not. Then in the afternoon one day, we heard it when we were sitting right across the river from the Haunted Mansion on Tom Sawyer's Island.

Could it be that they play it only at certain times or much more quietly? Can anyone else report?

Main Street Jim
02-22-2012, 05:51 PM
For Splash's jumping fountains, hoppin' rabbit, and the turtles...

I worked the attraction 2003/2004. During opening procedures, after the attraction is powered up, a CM will do a "ride-through" (the "guinea pig" if you will) to make sure everything is working properly. I was one of those CM's most mornings I worked there.

I would note stuff on the paperwork, and sometimes it would take *days* for stuff to get fixed or cleaned up (ever wonder why there's trash in the Mountain? Because a lot of times, it's in places that are very hard or impossible to get to, because there's no walkway to get to it). I reported the hoppin' rabbit and the fountains *every day* I did the ridethrough. I think the first time I saw the jumping fountains working *after* I left Frontierland was *three years* later! It was like FOUR years for the "hoppin' rabbit"! So, yes, it does take time for things to get fixed, depending on the "severity" of the problem. You also have some CM's that "just don't care" to report the maintenance issues, because "the ride will operate just fine without it...."...

darthmacho
02-22-2012, 06:00 PM
I recall not hearing it at times back on our 2010 trip as well. It's too bad, because how hard is that really to maintain, and it adds a LOT of charm to the area and attraction for so very little. You think WDW would be all over that.

LudwigVonDrake
02-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Last trip in July 2011 the howl was working but the jumping waters weren't.

WDWgoofy
02-26-2012, 10:07 AM
We visited in early Feb and I don't recall the wolf howl. In fact, I cannot remember the last time I heard it and I been 4 times in the past five years.:confused: