PDA

View Full Version : Race weekend

spoonfulosugar
02-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Heading down for the Princess 1/2 this weekend. Never been to WDW during a race weekend. How crowded should we expect the parks to be? Thanks!

wildernesslady
02-21-2012, 03:49 PM
They actually aren't too bad. Sometimes traffic can be tricky during the race, but other than that you may not even realize there was a race. It's fun to see everyone with their medals. Boy they work hard for them.

WDWdriver
02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
You can expect the parks to be extremely crowded. In addition to the Princess race, the Daytona 500 will draw hundreds of thousands to Central Florida. Also, Orlando is hosting the NBA All Star game this weekend. Get ready for huge crowds on Saturday, but not as bad on Sunday.

KevMcNJ
02-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Heading down for the Princess 1/2 this weekend. Never been to WDW during a race weekend. How crowded should we expect the parks to be? Thanks!

No idea about the parks but I-95 will probably be not good on Thursday, Saturday and especially Sunday. Sunday afternoon/evening traffic could be intense if you need to take I-95 North

badkitty
02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Are you running in the race or a spectator? If not, I would probably choose AK as my morning destination unless you are staying at a monorail resort or an EPCOT resort. From what I could tell during the Marathon Weekend in January, most of the bus traffic for MK and all of the buses for EPCOT were filtered through the TTC. I ran the 1/2 and didn't realize how bad the traffic was until we tried to get to MK the next morning during the Marathon. It took forever.