PDA

View Full Version : Kim Possible vs. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

ronandjulie
02-20-2012, 12:32 PM
My Son and I just did both adventures this weekend. We did Kim Possible on Saturday at Epcot and We did The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom on Sunday. We really had fun doing both of them, but we really enjoyed Kim Possible more. It seemed less "cartoonish" and more of an actual quest. The Sorceror quest was fun but because the MK is always so busy, you spend more time in line waiting for your turn and that leaves little surprise when you see 4 or 5 people go before you and see everything that is going to happen.

Eran_wolf
02-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Thats good to know!! I have two DS who are chomping at the bit to do both when we go in two weeks!! I really liked KP and have yet to see SotMK.

Melanie
02-20-2012, 02:20 PM
but because the MK is always so busy, you spend more time in line waiting for your turn and that leaves little surprise when you see 4 or 5 people go before you and see everything that is going to happen.

Oh yeah, that sounds like a complete downer.

Thanks for the review. Been wanting to get over and try it.

clausjo
02-20-2012, 03:07 PM
My daughter and I did this at the MK when we were there a couple of weeks ago. She absolutely loved it! We would stay back so we didn't see what was on the screen and, the time or two when we did see it, it was different from what ours was. She has this on our list of "must do" items for whenever we go back. I must say that my kids are very into Pokemon and this totally reminded her of that game. Anyone that we saw playing was really having a good time.

We've done Kim Possible a few times before and liked that also. I think she would say she liked the MK game better because its a bit more interactive (you get to choose your spell). Either way, it was a new experience, which is always welcome.

kcrc
02-20-2012, 03:52 PM
How do you "start" the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom? I know for Kim Possible you go to one of the stands to get your Kimmunicator. How does the other work?

MrPeetrie
02-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Did Kim Possible with DD8 last trip. Absolutely LOVED watching her (and helping her) solve the puzzles. We had a blast. We are SOOO looking forward to doing it again this year. (I wonder if they will update any of the quests.)

Seeing the puzzles being solved just before you arrive does dampen the enjoyment a bit. We may try the Sorcerer's Magic thingy, but if there's so many doing it and we keep seeing the puzzles solved prior to our chance, thus ruining the fun, we may not complete it. We'll see.

clausjo
02-21-2012, 12:27 PM
How do you "start" the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom? I know for Kim Possible you go to one of the stands to get your Kimmunicator. How does the other work?

You go to the fire station on Main Street. They sign you up and explain how it works. You'll find out right then and there where you need to go to start your adventure. When we were there, it wasn't available every day. On our last day in the MK, it wasn't being offered. Have fun!

Polynesian Dweller
02-21-2012, 04:23 PM
You go to the fire station on Main Street. They sign you up and explain how it works. You'll find out right then and there where you need to go to start your adventure. When we were there, it wasn't available every day. On our last day in the MK, it wasn't being offered. Have fun!

Disney is still calling it as being in test mode which is probably why it's not available every day. The things that people are noticing as problems/drawbacks will likely get tweaked before it goes out of test mid.

kcrc
02-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the info! We'll be sure to check it out next time (if available!).

The more I thought about this, the more I was thinking that Animal Kingdom would be a good place to put something like this. Right now, there's only so much to do. I think it would be a good addition. What do you think?

CosmicRay
02-22-2012, 10:29 AM
My kids tried both a few weeks back. I just asked them what they thought. They liked both equally. They thought it was fun, we are going with another family next January. Our kids can't wait to do the adventures with their friends.