PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom packed!!!

mickclub1955
02-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Just heard from my sister who is at the Magic Kingdom today. At 1:00 they have only done Monster's Inc. Brother in Law is in a 1 1/2 hour wait for Space Mountain. 70 min waits for Snow White and Pooh. She is frustrated but I warned her before she went that it was going to be crowded on President's Day weekend.

faline
02-19-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not at all surprised to hear its that busy there right now - I suspect the entire week will be very busy. Hope they still manage to have a good time!

Main Street Jim
02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Presidents' Day weekend...Daytona 500 race week started a week later this year...I know some kids are out of school on winter break...

This weekend has *always* been a busy one when I worked at the park. Even the steam trains would have a LONG wait (over 40 minutes). Friends of mine on FaceBook just posted "150 minute" wait for Toy Story over at Studios.

magicofdisney
02-19-2012, 06:25 PM
The one and only (and I swore it would be the last) time I was there on President's Day holiday, was horrendous. I feel bad for anyone going that wasn't prepared for the crowds.

NokOnHarts
02-19-2012, 06:40 PM
I have family that will be going during the prime of Spring Break in March. Crowd calendars are at 10 for every day they are there. I am just keeping my mouth shut 'cause there are just some people that don't understand (and don't want to understand) how traveling Disney can be like traveling Europe - prepare, prepare, prepare! They seem to think it won't be much different than visiting your county fair. :)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-19-2012, 08:18 PM
I personally know about 20 families from our area that are there this weekend. Our schools had a 1/2 day on Friday and of course out on Monday.

KatrinaJ91
02-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Get there early and get those Fastpasses!! :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
02-19-2012, 10:15 PM
I had friends that were there for president's day weekend a few years ago and remember them telling me that at one point the people mover had a 30 min wait. I don't ever want to be there to see that!

emerzmom
02-20-2012, 08:27 AM
I will be there next week. I am hoping to miss the Presidents Day crowds and be just ahead of the Spring Breakers. Wish me luck!

ILoveMickey'77
02-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Mardi Gras is also this week. Last year we went on Mardi Gras and I swear 90% of the state of Louisiana was at "World." It was quite awful and I will never go back during Mardi Gras week again.

Quadstriker
02-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I had friends that were there for president's day weekend a few years ago and remember them telling me that at one point the people mover had a 30 min wait. I don't ever want to be there to see that!

Whoa! :D

Eran_wolf
02-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I will be there next week. I am hoping to miss the Presidents Day crowds and be just ahead of the Spring Breakers. Wish me luck!

Me too!! We are headed down on the 2nd and planned it that way on purpose. Week after Presidents Day and a week before Spring Break and still warm enough to swim!! Crowd Calendars are showing all 1's and 2's for Crowd levels at the Best Parks for the weekdays except for MK at the end of the week!!

epceddie
02-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Am I missing something? What exactly is the big draw for President's Day? We've stopped going on weekends. We book all of our trips now for Sunday through Friday.

ginger19
02-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Most NE schools (other than NH) have this week off and everyone wants out of here for warmer weather (although this winter has been nothing compared to last year). It's always been a big time up here to head to Disney so I'm not surprised at all.

floridamom
02-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Am I missing something? What exactly is the big draw for President's Day? We've stopped going on weekends. We book all of our trips now for Sunday through Friday.

I assume that it's not the occasion itself, but the school holiday- most people with school-age children try to minimize the number of missed days due to vacations.

Not to mention, February is typically a nice time for those in colder climates to escape to sunny Florida.