PDA

View Full Version : Van Gogh exhibit at the Philadelphia Art Museum

Katzateer
02-18-2012, 05:23 PM
If you are in the Philly area, don't miss the Van Gogh exhibit!! It is amazing.

NJGIRL
02-18-2012, 07:02 PM
We love the art museum so we will have to check it out. Is this a timed ticket event?

Katzateer
02-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Yes and it has been sold out on the weekends. Let me know what you think of it if you get to go!

diz_girl
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I was just there on Saturday. I really enjoyed it. While it was very good, I'm not sure if it was as good as the Picasso or the Dali exhibits. My favorite painting, Sunflowers, was the first painting when you entered the exhibit. But the last painting, Almond Blossom, was breathtaking, and may be competing with Sunflowers as my favorite. We bought a framed print and put it in our youngest son's (DS1) room. While it wasn't at the exhibit, DS4 liked the Starry Night sample print at the store, so we may get one for him from somewhere. He has a print of Three Musicians by Picasso in his room already.

I may have to go back and see the exhibit again just to see Almond Blossom. They have stroller tours on once a month on Wednesdays, so maybe I'll get a ticket on the same day as the March or April tour. Once Almond Blossom leaves Philadelphia, it goes to Ottawa for a few months and then back to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, so who knows when I'd have the opportunity to see it again.

NJGIRL - I don't know the ages of your children, but if you take them to the exhibit, the museum doesn't allow strollers in the Van Gogh exhibition space. You'll have to check it at the coat check. If you have a baby, they'll lend you a Baby Bjorn, if you don't bring your own. They do allow strollers in the rest of the museum.

NJGIRL
02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks but my son is almost 14, although he still does ask for a stroller once in awhile!

Katzateer
02-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks but my son is almost 14, although he still does ask for a stroller once in awhile!

:rotfl: My mother in law was known to claim our girls double stroller at WDW during fireworks.

Hope you enjoy. I may go back before it leaves the museum. And I am going to go to the art store and get a print of the almond blossom painting -very nice! I like Japanese art and this is close to that and a beautiful Van Gogh.

Kairi_7378
03-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Thank you for mentioning the Almond Blossom painting... I just looked at the image online and I think that I may have to take a trip to the museum to visit the painting (and buy a print!)

Joannelet
03-04-2012, 09:22 AM
I saw the Van Gogh exhibit there about 11 years ago and still remember the feeling of seeing his paintings for the first time! It is a wonderful exhibit and definitely worth the trip!