PDA

View Full Version : Dang you Intercot

ryca1dreams
02-18-2012, 09:44 AM
DW no longer feels like returning to WDW.
DS14 is too cool for WDW.
I'm the only one left, but decided to let it go.

Then I listen to the podcasts.
Then I read the boards.
Then that dying ember warms up inside me.

Now I feel like returning for the "magic" again.
Am I too cool do this alone?
I'm the only one left, can I be freed to go?

Ugh.

(I was going to do this in haiku, but had too many words)

disneymom15
02-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Go for it, no reason you shouldn't go by yourself. Here's a thought, plan your next trip around the Icot15 event. Sounds like many intercotees will be there, and there are several that will be going solo.

brownie
02-18-2012, 11:29 AM
It's their choice to choose to not go with you. I don't think it's an issue of coolness; if you can go and it happens to be only you, I say go for it.

mgmnut
02-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Tough one! My kids (twins) are also 14, but still would like to go, I worried they wouldn't.

Personally I don't think I could go alone. As much as I love Disney, to me it is all about Family.

At the same time, I see no issues with others going it alone, it's personal preference. I say if you want to go......Go!

Dopey's Girl
02-19-2012, 10:34 AM
I go alone a lot. If your family doesn't mind you going without them, I say go for it! It's a lot of fun to eat, see and ride what you want when you want. And you are never really alone. There is always someone to chat with!

badkitty
02-19-2012, 01:15 PM
I usually go alone. It is only recently that my DBF has wanted to go with me.

There is so much open to you when you are a party of one. I only have to worry that one person is having a good time or deal with any other crankiness but my own. I get up when I want to and stay out as late as I want to. I enjoy talking to others in line or with Cast Members. I liked to ask about the place on the CM name tags. Sometimes I get very interesting stories!

I always enjoy the trips with my family but going alone is fun too!

LudwigVonDrake
02-19-2012, 04:33 PM
There's absolutely no reason why you can't go alone. GO FOR IT!!! :mickey:

dizneydeb22
02-20-2012, 11:12 AM
I also say go for it! But, don't be surprised if your DW or DS or both change their mind once you start planning! :mickey3:

Faver
02-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Same thing happened to me! My DH decided Disney just wasn't for him after 5 trips :(, so did DS :(

I couldn't see going by myself yet, so I recruited my friends:party: and they love it! We're headed down in 17 days for our 3rd trip together.:number1:

I know it may be different for guys, but I say, make it a real guys experience with the Disney Sports and Complex, Richard Petty Driving, and some fun @ DTD.....

i hope you get there, it's not so cool when your entire family says no to Disney!!!!:fingers:

PopPhan
02-21-2012, 10:37 AM
I think you should just 'adopt a family' to go with you!! I'm sure you would have a bunch of volunteers from INTERCOT!!! :D

brownie
02-21-2012, 10:49 AM
I think you should just 'adopt a family' to go with you!! I'm sure you would have a bunch of volunteers from INTERCOT!!! :D

I'm looking for a family to adopt me and take me with them to Disney World!

mickeys_princess_mom
02-21-2012, 09:36 PM
So GOOOO! I will never stop! Luckily my DD loves it as much as I do, so we go all the time together. DH only goes about every 6th or 7th trip, but I am fine with that.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
So, find a friend that is willing to go and can afford it - and go! Or Go alone!! I can't imagine the amount of trouble I'd get in all alone at WDW. The people watching, photo taking, ride riding, etc. Oh man - ideas, ideas, ideas.

minnie04
02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I say GO FOR IT !!! your never to old :old: to go to Disney... I would drop some hints that you are going to go alone and see if anyone jumps on board. If not go have a great time Alone ...:mickey: