PDA

View Full Version : What DAY is it when it's 12:15am?

Goes4FastPass
02-17-2012, 05:10 PM
I was just looking at another thred discusssing one park per day.

If you have a one park per day MYW admission and the MK is doing EMH until very late and you went to, say, Epcot earlier today is it possible to enter the MK at 12:15am and leave at closing and return to the MK later that same calendar day?

Wouldn't both ins and outs for for the MK show the same day?

Now, you may say an MK day begins when it opens and ends once it closes but I'll bet I couldn't use any remaining dining plan credits after midnight on checkout day if I was still in the MK at 2am.

I was just wondering... we always get park hoppers...

Polynesian Dweller
02-17-2012, 05:47 PM
A Disney Park day is not a calendar day, it runs from opening until close. So, for example, a park day can run from 8:00 am Saturday to 2:00 am Sunday. Show up at opening Sunday 8:00 am it's a new park day.

However, dining credits are by night of your stay and do expire at 11:59 pm your last day. You also can't enter a park after 11:59 pm your last day, but can remain until closing if you've entered before that.

02-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Ticketing works on the "business day".

If park opens at 9:00am and closes at 3:00am the next morning, that is the "business day". The next one starts at 9:00 am.

gerald72
02-17-2012, 07:43 PM
However, dining credits are by night of your stay and do expire at 11:59 pm your last day. You also can't enter a park after 11:59 pm your last day, but can remain until closing if you've entered before that.[/QUOTE]

Your park tickets don't expire at check out. You can enter the next day as long as you have a day on your ticket remaining, and it hasn't expired.

MickeysBestPal
02-17-2012, 08:57 PM
You also can't enter a park after 11:59 pm your last day, but can remain until closing if you've entered before that.

Sorry, that's incorrect.

Your park tickets are entirely independent of your resort stay, even if they are "on" your resort key-card (KTTW card.)

Otherwise, guests couldn't stay at a non-Disney resort and enter the theme parks, or keep valid non-expiring tickets on their resort key-cards after check-out (which they can do.)

You might be thinking about PM EMH and resort key cards.
But, even if it's on the day you check-out, you could still enter a park open for PM EMH after midnight with a valid park ticket and your "recently expired" resort key card.
(I don't know why you'd be in that situation, but it could be done, nonetheless.)

Polynesian Dweller
02-17-2012, 09:08 PM
However, dining credits are by night of your stay and do expire at 11:59 pm your last day. You also can't enter a park after 11:59 pm your last day, but can remain until closing if you've entered before that.

Your park tickets don't expire at check out. You can enter the next day as long as you have a day on your ticket remaining, and it hasn't expired.

Yeah, I didn't really write that well. I was assuming you were on the last day of the ticket and should have included that assumption.

Now the part of being able to enter on the last day of you ticket after 11:59 pm would be different than the procedure I was told or new since then.

BelleBeauty
02-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Something to keep in mind when planning is that even though a Disney day is open to close, regardless of being open late into the next morning, on the park hours schedule if the park is open 12am - 3am it will list those hours on the next day. I got confused when planning for our trip this past November and had to shuffle some things around.

MickeysBestPal
02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Disney day is open to close, regardless of being open late into the next morning, on the park hours schedule

if the park is open 12am - 3am it will list those hours on the next day.

What "it" will list those hours on the next day?

That's not the case with most of the GOOD calendars on-line.