PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite time to go?

DNS
02-17-2012, 01:48 PM
I used to love to go in September. Low crowds, lower prices on hotels and hot weather without a lot of rain. Then we started going in May. The Flower and Garden festival is beautiful. The past couple of trips we have gone in mid November and loved it. Last year we got to see most of the Christmas decorations as well as getting in on the last couple of days of the Food & Wine Festival. This is our new favorite. What time of year is your favorite and why?

darthmacho
02-17-2012, 02:33 PM
That was a really tough question. We go in August out of necessity, but if I could go any time, it would either be April/May or October. I like the spring because everything is so vibrant, but the combination of Halloween/Food & Wine is just too good to resist, and Fall is my favorite time of the year.

buzznwoodysmom
02-17-2012, 03:42 PM
This was a tough question for me too. We used to say November was our favorite. As much as you hear about the horrible crowds for holidays we always found Thanksgiving week to be fabulous!

Then we took a few trips in late May/early June and we just love that we can swim daily. The weather is much hotter than in November, but we love to be able to swim daily, and really love our afternoon breaks by the pool.

So slowly, but surely, late May/early June have become our favorite time to go. It does help that here in Louisiana we get out of school at the end of May and have found if we go as soon as school is out the summer crowds haven't really kicked in yet. Lots of schools are still in. And the heat hasn't reached it's peak either! Our kids don't have to miss any school and we have a wonderful time!

ronandjulie
02-17-2012, 06:44 PM
We love Marathon Weekend in January!!! it is the best!!! To me, there is nothing more fun than seeing all of the cheering spectators while you're running and then seeing all of the other tired and sore runners the next day at the parks where you say good job and give that "I am in pain, too" nod!!! Good times!!!:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Because I work for a school district the easiest time for me to go is the summertime.

Quadstriker
02-20-2012, 12:39 PM
We took a late October/Early November trip and I think it will be tough to beat a trip where you get MNSSHP, Food & Wine Festival, and Very Merry Christmas all in one go.

KatrinaJ91
02-20-2012, 01:34 PM
This is a tough question. My favorite time would be going once a month! :blush:

We usually go in the summer because we are both teachers and that is most convenient. However, we have made the trip over Christmas break for the past 2 years and LOVE it! The decorations and holiday spirit are amazing! I really have no favorite...anytime we are there is a good time!!

PinkTink
02-20-2012, 07:00 PM
That's tough! It used to be October for the F&W Festival, but it's been so crowded lately when we've gone. So, I'd have to say my favorite would be December for the Christmas decor. We might try early November to get the festival and try to hit lighter crowds. A close second would be the February/March time frame.

caryrae
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
the combination of Halloween/Food & Wine is just too good to resist, and Fall is my favorite time of the year.

same here.

NICK P
02-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I can't wait to go to Disney world this summer

RAIDER
02-21-2012, 03:14 AM
Nov/ Dec ,nothing beats the Christmas decor and atmosphere at that time of year :santa::tree:

joonyer
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I'd go anytime we could get away and afford the trip, but October is my favorite.

dizneydeb22
02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Like Darth Macho, we go in August out of necessity, but November is beautiful!

Gator
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I've done 3 trips during Jan/Feb. As much as I like Christmas time, I don't like the effects of MVMCP on everything we plan. Plus, the heavy feezes are usually over by late Jan.

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2012, 09:23 PM
October... weather is near perfect and MK looks great decorated for Halloween.... Plus, Halloween Horror Nights is fantastic...

Dopey's Girl
02-26-2012, 06:10 PM
While I love all the Christmas decor, if I can be there for food and wine, I'm a happy, happy lady!

BugeyedMuggy
02-27-2012, 09:50 AM
1.1st week of May (weather, crowds and F&G).
2. 1st week of Oct (weather, crowds and F&W).
3. 1st week of Dec (Decorations!)

mgmnut
02-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Spring!!
We used to go in the begining of May when the kids were young enough to pull out of school.

Last year we went in July and this year last week in August. Like others have said, also out of necessity.

AmandaChan
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
We usually go in May, and we never think the crowds are too bad and the weather is usually great and perfect (except for one time we went.....) but we are excited to go in early October next time.. please everyone elaborate on why October is your favorite!

finaldynasty
02-28-2012, 08:16 PM
My DW and I are educators and can only go in June because of our schools' and our childrens' schools' schedules. We would like to try December or in April.

:mickey:

The Dad
02-29-2012, 06:54 PM
It's always early December for us.....great weather, low crowds and the magic of Christmas, "PLUS" the magic of Disney World! What could be better??? Our first visit, "way back" in '94 (with son 5 and daughter 3) was during a "Jolly Holidays" promotion which included a dinner show at the Contemporary Resort....Wow, it was great! How I wish I had a dvd of that performance!
Live life to the fullest my friends!
BW

ANG
03-01-2012, 07:48 AM
OCtober

CU Tiger
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
May/June is a great time to go. It is between spring break and school getting out. Thus, the cowds are down and the rates are favorable. The weather is also mild. Not too hot/not too cold.:mickey: