PDA

View Full Version : One of the many reasons i love Disney!

ransam
02-16-2012, 02:34 PM
i love my trips to disney. As one ends, I am already planning the next one...

but here is one more reason i love my trips. I was just there a couple weeks ago. On the plane to orlando we met a lovely couple w/ a 4 year od girl. they were traveling w/ Make A Wish. we got to talking to them and as we landed, wished each others happy thoughts and parted. a couple days later we were watching the parade and the family were the honory grand marshalls of the parade. it was awesome to wave to them and they waved back. we were all smiles.
a few days later flying back to Kansas City we happened to be taking the same plane back. They told us al the wonderful things Disney did for them.
as we parted ways we exchanged e-mails. they said that as wonderful as the parade was to lead, they had no pics, so just today i forwarded the pics to them. we've been emailing bakc and forth all morning. I now have new friends. I love Disney!

PopPhan
02-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Excellent story! This is one you should think about sending in to "Share The (Your?) Memories"!!

minnie04
02-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Excellent story! This is one you should think about sending in to "Share The (Your?) Memories"!!

I agree, What a great trip and how you had pictures to capture a wonderful memory for the their family :mickey: Great job !!!! :thumbsup:

CajunDisneyDad
02-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Disney brings out the best in people!

TinkerbellT421
02-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Awww that is a wonderful story! So sweet! :thumbsup:

Gator
02-16-2012, 03:32 PM
I love meeting people at WDW. They always have a good story, it seems. I met one family from NJ who was there for the first time. Then the next trip, I met a guy who was on the cabinet of some high ranking official in the Canadian government. You never know who you'll find just by talking to someone on a bus or a plane.

Auntie B
02-16-2012, 03:40 PM
This was so wonderful to read! The Disney magic really does some amazing things!

ransam
02-16-2012, 07:48 PM
a few years ago we were there over christmas. we were at the Mickey's party. my friend, sister, and i were waiting for the parade and fireworks at the hub of the castle. next to us was a guy, mid to late 30's and his son. we started talking. he was telling me they lived about an hour from disney and his wife, he and his son use to come all the time. she passed away a couple years ago and they hadn't been back since. as we talked he kind of got deep how he was not a good father, always worked but since his wife left he had only one priority and that was his son. he won tickets to disney and they had driven up there and found out it closed early becasue of the Mickey party, so he just decided to buy tickets to it... we talked a bit more about things, we watched the parade and fireworks. I looked over and he was sitting on the curb, his son in his lap, in total joy. when we left he told us how much that had meant to him to do it again. and just seemed to be touched. it was really nice to see him happy.

Dopey's Girl
02-16-2012, 09:16 PM
This is so sweet!

One of the reasons I love my solo trips is because of all of the amazing people I get to talk too, who I may have not spoken with if I had someone with me. I'm a fairly shy person, but Disney brings out the hidden extrovert in me.

TheVBs
02-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Great stories! We love talking to people at Disney. We do talk to people on other trips, but it's never the same kind of experience as when we're in Disney. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Make A Wish and Give Kids the World really do take fantastic care of the Wish families. We were there on my nephew's MAW trip last June and even though we've been before, that trip was extra special because of all the attention that he, and we, got. The volunteers at GKTW don't let you lift a finger, they do everything for you. And the CMs took extra special care of us too.

HackLaSalle
02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Love stories like those. More of that less complaining about other people would help make the world a better place. Power of positivity.

Kathy Jetson
03-05-2012, 10:28 PM
i love my trips to disney. As one ends, I am already planning the next one...

but here is one more reason i love my trips. I was just there a couple weeks ago. On the plane to orlando we met a lovely couple w/ a 4 year od girl. they were traveling w/ Make A Wish. we got to talking to them and as we landed, wished each others happy thoughts and parted. a couple days later we were watching the parade and the family were the honory grand marshalls of the parade. it was awesome to wave to them and they waved back. we were all smiles.
a few days later flying back to Kansas City we happened to be taking the same plane back. They told us al the wonderful things Disney did for them.
as we parted ways we exchanged e-mails. they said that as wonderful as the parade was to lead, they had no pics, so just today i forwarded the pics to them. we've been emailing bakc and forth all morning. I now have new friends. I love Disney!

Great story Ransam! And please know that I think of you everytime I get in my car and turn on the cd player:thumbsup:

Terra
03-06-2012, 08:24 AM
These stories bring tears to my eyes. I love how worries seem to disappear at Disney and the magic surrounds everyone making us all "family".

AJ Springfield
03-06-2012, 04:19 PM
What an awesome story!! I hope you realize that you brought something magical to them-- the pics they will treasure forever. Nice job! You should be an honorary cast member!!

RAIDER
03-07-2012, 03:01 AM
Disney brings out the best in people!

I agree with you on that ,the place has such a calming influence :thumbsup:

AmandaChan
03-07-2012, 03:09 PM
that's amazing! it gave me chills just reading it :mickey:

haha, yesterday DH and I were in the car and it was a nice day out, DH had some upbeat music on and he just said out of no where "I'm in a Disney mood today" ... and if anyone would have heard our conversation they would have thought we were the biggest DORKS in the world. Just getting on intercot, looking at reviews and pictures, just makes me happy! I told DH what would the world be like without Disney world? (I know this sounds ridiculous)... But just having something to think of and look forward to, and put you in a great mood... and there's just something about that place that does it for you unlike anywhere else! I mean I'm sure we would have other vacation spots, and look forward to going to a beach or something. But it's not the same! Just going there and reading about it is our hobby and we talk about it at least on a daily basis. It's just something funf or us.

Those moments that you experienced are the ones you can't pay any amount of money for! I'm glad you had such a great time.

Tink#64
03-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Wow! What an warm & touching story! Thanks for sharing your experience with us! MAW is just such an awesome project!

We too thoroughly enjoy meeting and talking with veritable strangers in WDW! But you don't feel like strangers, always akin in the love for WDW and what it brings to us all.

Last year in WDW we talked quite abit with some folks from Canada & NY, and we started planning our next vacation on our way home! Yep, this year we're going to NY & into Canada! The memories and experiences we take away from each WDW are deep and long lasting! WDW seems to touch us in a way that no other place on earth does! Just an absolutely magical place! :cloud9: