PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli

Mitzie
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
We have the DDP in April and looking to eat lunch here. Neither my DD or I are big eaters. Can we use one TS credit on a single serving size pizza and share it. Please let me know if this is 'cheating' in anyway.

Tink1
02-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Last time I was there, they did not allow you to share a single serving size pizza. You would each have to get one.

Nanc

Mitzie
02-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks!

SBETigg
02-16-2012, 12:59 PM
An idea: there is a chopped salad with chicken on the menu. Maybe one of you can get the pizza and one of you can get the salad and you can share both? I think they would allow that, and it would offer some variety and a potentially less heavy meal overall? Though the salad sounds pretty substantial, so maybe not.

Pollo - Chopped salad of lemon chicken, romaine, canteloupe melon, cucumber, red pepper, green beans, vidalia onion, almonds, pasta crisps, honey citrus dressing - $18.00

The individual pizzas are also around $18.

BrerGnat
02-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Sharing is not prohibited on the DDP. We shared quite a few meals when we had the plan. I can't imagine how Via Napoli can force you to use two TS credits. You can just say you are using ONE credit and the other person is paying OOP (for a drink, or whatever). They can't force you to do otherwise.

We used 2TS credits among three people at a few meals. We shared all around. Never had an issue doing it. We did that so we could have extra credits to use at some signature meals.

The only place sharing is not allowed is at buffets or family style all you can eat places.

Tink1
02-16-2012, 02:25 PM
All I can say is we were not allowed to use one tableservice for 2 people at Via Napoli in January. (We were getting pizza)

Nanc

Twinsowner
02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
We also have shared many meals on the dining plan. I don't see how they could prevent you from doing so as long as one person doesnt order or you pay OOP. There is a larger pizza at Napoili for more than one person. Could it be possible that they were ordering that instead of the individual? Most times we have shared the waiter even splits it up on seperate plates which is nice. I guess ask when your server arrives or just on person order. Good Luck

Tink1
02-17-2012, 08:46 AM
No, my sister and I wanted to order one single serve pizza to split since we knew that would be enough for 2 of us. We ended up getting 2 single serve pizza's and taking one out with us.

Nanc

BrerGnat
02-17-2012, 08:50 AM
There is a larger pizza at Napoili for more than one person. Could it be possible that they were ordering that instead of the individual?

That's what I'm thinking. For some reason, the waiters at Via Napoli think people are capable of eating WAY more pizza than possible. For instance, the first time I went there with my sister, we shared an individual pizza (and got the house salad for 2). We were not on a DDP, but the waiter kept trying to convince us that we needed to get TWO pizzas, or order the medium size instead. We had to assure him many times that we only wanted to share one individual pizza. Same thing happened when we were just there in December. We just ordered the medium pizza for DH and I to share so the waiter wouldn't argue with us, and ONE individual pepperoni for our boys (5 and 7) to share, and the guy kept trying to get us to order EACH CHILD their own pizza.

Not sure if they're just trying to pad the tip or what, but one medium pizza was WAY too much for DH and I to share. We could have shared an individual one and been fine; instead we ate way too much so we would feel like our choice was justified.

OP, I suggest telling the waiter "yes, we are on the DDP, but we are only using 1 TS credit today." Then, one of you order the individual pizza and the other one order whatever you want, or nothing at all.

SBETigg
02-17-2012, 09:47 AM
If splitting an individual pizza is preferred and I know going in that it might be a hassle, might not be allowed, I would probably just go OOP and get what I want, worry about using the credits somewhere else.

VWL Mom
02-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Last time I was there, they did not allow you to share a single serving size pizza. You would each have to get one.

Nanc

When I was looking into Via Napoli for our upcoming trip and had read this also. They will not serve an individual pizza to a table that is only using 1TS, the other person will be asked to order something for their meal. It is my understanding that person #1 could order the ind for 1TS and person#2 could order a salad or appetizer or whatever but something must be ordered.

IMO as an Epcot restaurant it is their prerogative to do this. As a patron it's your prerogative to not eat there if you disagree with their rules.

BrerGnat
02-17-2012, 01:22 PM
If splitting an individual pizza is preferred and I know going in that it might be a hassle, might not be allowed, I would probably just go OOP and get what I want, worry about using the credits somewhere else.

This. If they are going to make ridiculous rules about it, and you KNOW you can't eat an entire individual pizza AND dessert (because that's the dining plan inclusion), then just don't use credits for that meal and split the check down the middle. You can come out of there for under $15 each, tip included, if you just order 1 indiv. pizza and a drink each. You could even share a dessert or something, if you are still hungry.