PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain at 4:00 AM

Brian McFan
02-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I'll be there for the 29th of February. I've decided to go to MK for the night shift. Wonder how many people have the same idea I do and head there at starting at midnight?

Patricia
02-16-2012, 10:54 AM
I would think that you will find it very, very busy during the night. Most people (without young kids) will want to be in there taking advantage of that long day and I'm sure the younger set will have the energy to plow right through the night. As much as I know I'd be up for it, I'd definitely plan to leave if large crowds were an issue.

My 'Plan B' would be to show up at the gate first thing the next morning and hope everyone else is still sleeping.

Brian McFan
02-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I think you've got a good point Patricia. Maybe I'll snag a fast pass for SM for the 4:00 AM hour then get out of there if it its that busy. But I'll be reporting on INTERCOT what its like. :party:

Patricia
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM
I look forward to hearing the reports.

I hope the night turns out to be a great experience for all that attend. :mickey:

Brian McFan
02-16-2012, 01:36 PM
I actually think crowds won't be as large as some people think. No more ESPN the Weekend which has been held the first weekend of March is sure to bring down attendance a little.

MOJoe
02-16-2012, 02:03 PM
I can tell you that several years ago during Spring Break, MK was open untill 3 AM. It was very crowded until well after midnight. But by the last hour the park felt virtually empty. Space Mountain was a walk on. :cloud9:
With Disney advertising it's 24 hour day, it's hard to know how many people are planning to be there. I would not be surprised to find the park rather busy all night. Not packed. Not empty. But busy.

Quadstriker
02-17-2012, 05:09 PM
We'll be there. I'd be shocked actually if there's crowds overnight. This is much ado about nothing IMO.

joanna71985
02-17-2012, 06:47 PM
I'll be there! I'm aiming to stay all 24 hours.

LudwigVonDrake
02-22-2012, 06:13 AM
I would expect very large crowds because people will want to to say that they did it. All part of the experience :mickey:

Melanie
02-22-2012, 07:50 AM
I think it will be interesting to see what the crowds actually are, since everyone seems to have varying opinions. I'll be there (call me stupid) and plan on staying through the night. Follow @INTERCOT on Twitter for updates. :sleepin:

TinkerbellT421
02-22-2012, 08:28 AM
I think it will be interesting to see what the crowds actually are, since everyone seems to have varying opinions. I'll be there (call me stupid) and plan on staying through the night. Follow @INTERCOT on Twitter for updates. :sleepin:

If we start seeing nothing but "KAUGUYTI*SDFJHWEGK&" as Tweets will it mean you fell asleep with your head on the phone? lol

emerzmom
02-22-2012, 08:35 AM
We will be there.I am planning to go about 1 or 2 am. My hope is that the crowds will have thinned out by then. It just might be fun to be there. We will be @ BLT so it won't be a big hassle to get to the park and if it is too crowded we will just go back to the resort and go to sleep. I bet MK is not packed on Thursday.
:mickey:
Julie

Melanie
02-22-2012, 08:48 AM
If we start seeing nothing but "KAUGUYTI*SDFJHWEGK&" as Tweets will it mean you fell asleep with your head on the phone? lol

YES!!!! And I plan on driving back to Tampa on Thursday morning and be at work by 10:30am. Yep, call me stupid! :D

Melanie
02-22-2012, 08:48 AM
We will be there.I am planning to go about 1 or 2 am. My hope is that the crowds will have thinned out by then. It just might be fun to be there. We will be @ BLT so it won't be a big hassle to get to the park and if it is too crowded we will just go back to the resort and go to sleep. I bet MK is not packed on Thursday.
:mickey:
Julie

Staying at BLT is perfect for something like this. Enjoy!

Mfarquar
02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm so jealous of those of you who are going! It's sure to be a fun time. This kind of thing is right up my alley because I'm a night owl. Alas, I'm in New England, so it's a bit of a trek. I really look forward to your report posts!

barnaby
02-22-2012, 04:08 PM
I've done Space Mtn at 3AM during EEMHs at spring break. Pretty interesting when you are half asleep. I don't remember the monorail ride back to the TTC that night/morning.

Brian McFan
02-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Weather looks great, too. Only five days til we arrive and now its getting exciting. I told my woman about my plans to ride SM at 4:00 AM. Her response: Fine. Don't wake me up when you come back... LOL. Women!

joanna71985
02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
It might be me, but I don't think crowds will be that bad. I can't wait! Only 5 more days

Quadstriker
02-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Guys last I saw on the schedule that day Space Mountain is going to close at 4am. We're going to try to do a quick meet and ride at Space Mountain at 2am. Be there!

Disneygirl8574
02-24-2012, 09:05 PM
I have been trying to find some schedule information for the day. I have found some information on the resturants but nothing on rides and attractions. Does anyone know where I can find information on this?

VWL Mom
02-25-2012, 08:14 AM
I have been trying to find some schedule information for the day. I have found some information on the resturants but nothing on rides and attractions. Does anyone know where I can find information on this?

This post was updated on 2/21 http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=187871&page=5&highlight=leap+year

BTW :welcome: to intercot

ronandjulie
02-25-2012, 08:54 AM
I'll say it. Taking Fantasyland out of the equation....What is there to do at the MK for 24 hours? Seriously....I love the MK but it would be sweeter if all of the parks were open for the 24 hours.

Mfarquar
02-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I'll say it. Taking Fantasyland out of the equation....What is there to do at the MK for 24 hours? Seriously....I love the MK but it would be sweeter if all of the parks were open for the 24 hours.

If I had the privilege of going for 24 hours, I would ride Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Teacups over and over again. I'd probably throw in a Buzz Lightyear and the Tiki Room in for good measure (Jungle Cruise, too, when open). Then, there would DEFINITELY be some good people watching on Main Street with a HUGE ice cream sandwich courtesy of the combined powers of the bakery and ice cream parlor.

I'm so JEALOUS! :sick: (that's green with envy, not nauseous)!

ISLE39
02-26-2012, 05:34 PM
I will be there all 24 hours as well. I live in my on long island. I am flying out tues night landing in orlando at 1150pm. Im sleeping in the airport til 430am then renting a car and going to the mk for a 6am ropedrop. Then im doing all the parks finishing obviously at the magic kingdom then i fly home thursday am at 7 and back to work at 2pm. Looking forward to exhausting myself in 24 hours at wdw.....

smokester653
02-26-2012, 09:55 PM
ISLE3, Holey kamoley!!! :jaw: You the man !:clappy:

emerzmom
02-26-2012, 10:24 PM
I will be there all 24 hours as well. I live in my on long island. I am flying out tues night landing in orlando at 1150pm. Im sleeping in the airport til 430am then renting a car and going to the mk for a 6am ropedrop. Then im doing all the parks finishing obviously at the magic kingdom then i fly home thursday am at 7 and back to work at 2pm. Looking forward to exhausting myself in 24 hours at wdw.....

I concur...Holy Kamoly!

Mfarquar
02-27-2012, 12:14 AM

You are a what my husband and I like to call, "a true theme park warrior".

So jealous!

ISLE39
02-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks. Im looking forward to it. I can not wait to be in disney world in less than 48 hours....

Patricia
02-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Wow!

I'm impressed.

joanna71985
02-28-2012, 09:00 PM
So I signed myself up to do the Magic Kingdom Ultimate Touring Plan! I really hope I can wind up in the Hall of Fame (of course, being there 24 hours should help).

Brian McFan
03-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Well, for the record, I did NOT ride Space Mountain at 4:00 AM. Me and my girl friend stayed until midnight. It was jammed. Not much fun at all. A little too enthusiastic a crowd for us two old goats.

We did ride SM around 10:30 pm, then jumped on People Mover. That's when we saw how crowded it was. Boarded a bus, and went back to the Boardwalk.

Melanie
03-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Well, for the record, I did NOT ride Space Mountain at 4:00 AM. Me and my girl friend stayed until midnight. It was jammed. Not much fun at all. A little too enthusiastic a crowd for us two old goats.

We did ride SM around 10:30 pm, then jumped on People Mover. That's when we saw how crowded it was. Boarded a bus, and went back to the Boardwalk.

You should have stayed! Crowds really dropped after midnight and it was quite pleasant. The crowd WAS very enthusiastic, but as we talked about here in other threads, it was a very happy crowd as well. :thumbsup:

Brian McFan
03-06-2012, 09:41 AM
That's good to know. For all that Disney offers (and that's alot), it also makes you feel your age. The weather was superb, the night's unbelievably comfortable, but even the 5 hr. energy drinks didn't help keep me awake.

MK is a blast. Fantasyland should be a hoot.

goofygirl67
03-10-2012, 04:07 PM
It was more crowded than I thought it was going to be. I didn't get there till midnight. At 3am there was a 60 minute wait for Space Mountain...it closed at 4am for maintenance. I can tell you the sun comes up over Tommorrowland.