PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Beef? Meatloaf Update...

darthmacho
02-16-2012, 08:29 AM
First of all, I feel honored to have been mentioned on one of my favorite podcasts, and as always, I'm grateful to be part of a community that shares such a passion for our beloved theme parks. :mickey:

That being said, I felt I owed you guys and explanation as to why their was no beef selection in the flight, while also addressing the gravy issue. I'm still a little embarrassed by the poor quality of the photo. Apparently I'm an even worse photographer than I am a cook!

First, the selection of meats, which turned out to be turkey, lamb, and pork, was determined by my local Stop & Shop. Every Saturday morning I go directly from my work shift at the PO to the supermarket, where I get to do my food shopping with minimum crowds. Unfortunately, by going so early, the store is often in a state of disarray and shelves are still being stocked, the fishmonger is just setting up, and the butcher shop is still rotating their meats. That morning I intended to get turkey, lamb, and either veal or beef, but when I got there, they had no veal, and the ground beef looked real sketchy. I finally settled on the pork instead.

Second, in my sad attempt to record the event with a photograph, I somehow forgot to show one of the key elements of the meal, the customized individual sauces (not exactly gravy, no) for dipping or pouring that accompanied each selection. As it turns out, they were only so-so anyway, and I'll work to perfect the recipe for next time.

Again, thanks for the mention, the initial inspiration, and of course, special thanks to Gary for sticking up for my selection of meats despite the lack of beef. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
02-16-2012, 09:14 AM
I loved that you were creative. Meatloaf doesn't have to be beef. Also, didn't think the photograph was that bad at all. Looked tasty to me. :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah, you're being too hard on yourself Darth. Thanks for the backstory though. Love that the podcast was your inspiration. :thumbsup:

Again, get ready for Episode 30. We actually have a little mini-segment just for you. :D

John
02-16-2012, 10:08 AM
The meatloaf effort was top notch - even if we did kid you a bit. :number1:

TinkerbellT421
02-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Where's the photo???? I never even knew what a "Flight of Meatloaf" was lol

darthmacho
02-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Where's the photo???? I never even knew what a "Flight of Meatloaf" was lol

I'm not sure anyone knew of it before the original podcast, but I thought it sounded like a great idea, so I tried it.

I appreciate the kind words, but I still think the plating was terrible. That's usually my strong suit, since I often disguise my sad meals with smoke and mirrors. I'm a self-taught cook, who before I was 27yo probably couldn't even make Kraft macaroni and cheese on my own. :secret:

Here's the picture: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/DarthMacho/My%20Cooking%202012/Photoon2012-01-29at1737.jpg

TinkerbellT421
02-16-2012, 03:24 PM
o0o0o it looks delicious!

Ian
02-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Not to give away too much, Darth, but you got quite a bit of air time in the podcast we recorded last night, too. :D

Melanie
02-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Not to give away too much, Darth, but you got quite a bit of air time in the podcast we recorded last night, too. :D

I already spilled the beans. :blush:

At least one person will be looking forward to the next one. ;)

TinkerbellT421
02-16-2012, 11:39 PM

Wish you guys would do more than just one every couple of weeks! I LOVE listening to them! I always look forward to them, They help my days go by at work!! :thumbsup:

darthmacho
02-17-2012, 04:52 AM

I already spilled the beans. :blush:

Well I'm flattered, but also a little worried. I can't imagine that the meatloaf could have earned more air time, so I'm wondering what I might have posted that might have sparked another mention. I hope my snarky sense of humor hasn't gotten me in trouble again? :blush:

Ian
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Well I'm flattered, but also a little worried. I can't imagine that the meatloaf could have earned more air time, so I'm wondering what I might have posted that might have sparked another mention. I hope my snarky sense of humor hasn't gotten me in trouble again? :blush:No trust me ... it was all in good fun!

darthmacho
02-17-2012, 02:29 PM
No trust me ... it was all in good fun!

Ooh, now I'm really worried. :paranoid:

:mickey:

SBETigg
02-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Ooh, now I'm really worried. :paranoid:

:mickey:

They probably just like saying DarthMacho! It's a cool name. :) If this keeps up, you'll need your own Facebook page, like Gary's post.

diz_girl
02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
If this keeps up, you'll need your own Facebook page, like Gary's post.

It's Gary's Column. Don't upset the column. Now you must give an offering of beer the next time you're there.

Scar
02-17-2012, 04:20 PM
They probably just like saying DarthMacho! It's a cool name. :) Right. Kinda like how saying "Chalupa" feels good.

Ian
02-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Hmmmmmmm

SBETigg
02-17-2012, 04:59 PM
It's Gary's Column. Don't upset the column. Now you must give an offering of beer the next time you're there.

Yes! A thousand apologies. I couldn't think at the moment and I almost called it a pole, but that really sounded wrong. Column, column, column! Offerings will be made.

Melanie
02-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Hmmmmmmm

:funny:

Melanie
02-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes! A thousand apologies. I couldn't think at the moment and I almost called it a pole, but that really sounded wrong. Column, column, column! Offerings will be made.

Column will be happy. :beer:

darthmacho
02-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Ian, add one more chin, a lightsaber, and a five o'clock shadow, and that's not too far off a likeness.

As for Gary's Column, as soon as I get a chance, I'll post a picture from our 2010 trip of my kids, loitering around guess where? :mickey: