PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite Mountain at MK in WDW??

Disneyfun
02-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Which is your favorite mountain roller coaster at the Magic Kingdom at WDW?

Main Street Jim
02-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Of course, I'm partial :)

buzznwoodysmom
02-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I used to love Space Mt. However, since my kids were tall enough to ride it just hasn't been as enjoyable for me. When they were first tall enough I hated letting them ride because of the lack of "side by side" seating. This made the ride more nerve wracking than enjoyable for me. Now that they are older it's not as bad, but I still don't enjoy it like I once did.

Splash is a very close second because my oldest DS and I have a special bond over this ride. I sang Zippa De Do Da to him as a baby every morning while I got ready for work. But there are times we just don't feel like getting wet and we skip it.

BTMRR is just plain fun!!! Not too scary, you don't get wet (unless it's raining), and my entire family enjoys this ride.

Kairi_7378
02-15-2012, 09:36 PM
This was a tough one for me! In the end, I went with Splash Mountain. This is one of those rides that really showcases what WDI is capable of doing. They took an idea from a basic theme park ride (a log flume) and turned it into an attraction, with a story. Kudos also for tying in a movie that most park guests aren't familiar with.

A VERY close second for me is Space Mountain. It was the first coaster that I ever went on, and I think I was barely tall enough to ride when I was there with my parents when I was 3. My father is a huge space fan, and this ride always makes me wish that Dad was at the parks with me. (Soarin' is the other ride that makes me wish that I could talk them into taking a trip, but I digress.)

Big Thunder is not my favorite attraction. But it is a big sentimental favorite with my husband. I love watching his happy face when he is on that coaster! He was able to ride the front seat on his birthday this year, and I got some good shots of him doing so.

wdwfansince75
02-15-2012, 09:54 PM
This is almost as impossible as answering the question, "Which is your favorite child?" or "Which is your favorite grandchild?" Each is special, and all are favorites. Because of special memories, I finally voted for Space Mountain. But I also have special memories of each of the others. No trip would be complete without rides on all three.

darthmacho
02-16-2012, 04:58 AM
While Space, being my first, has sentimental value, I voted for Splash because it's so well done, and the animatronics are really fun.

Joannelet
02-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Splash is my favorite because it tells a story, it's a long ride so you actually feel it is worth the wait as well. I love flume rides and this just tops the cake!

c&d
02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
This was tough but I went with Splash Mtn. I love the theme of it. I like that you have drops and then slow places. I also like that you get the nice view of MK when you come out and of course the drop.

Really close second was Space Mtn. If it were a tad longer it would have gotten my vote.

KatrinaJ91
02-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Big Thunder has been my family's favorite since it opened! We usually go on it 2 or 3 times every visit.
My daughter began working at Disney 2 years ago and that was her assignment...she was so excited to work there! It will always be our fav

forever a child
02-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Splash Mtn is relatively new to me. I was too much of a chicken to try the big plung when DD was younger. Now that she is older and wanting to be more of an adventurer, I was forced into it! :blush:

Needless to say, it is SO fun that I wish we had tried it years ago. Oh well, so glad we finally did!:thumbsup:

I love the tunes and all of the animatronics. For us, it was a hidden treasure. :cloud9:

disneymomma2010
02-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Splash! It's the best ride at MK to our family, even though there is a chance of getting wet. :coaster: We always buy the picture of us going down, our family fills the whole boat. It brings us back every time we look at our framed picture in the livingroom.

joonyer
02-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Splash Splash Splash! best themed ride at all of WDW, Especially at night, during Wishes! Awesome Magic.

ryca1dreams
02-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Hmmm, let me see... (hint: avatar and user name)

Eric87
02-19-2012, 09:23 AM
5 years ago if you asked me this question, I no doubt would have said Splash, but the last few visits Space has taken over in my mind. Big Thunder needs some TLC. It's not even close to being on par with the other 2.

SBETigg
02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Everest doesn't count? I would still choose Splash Mountain, but I think everyone in my family would choose a different one when asked this.

PrettyMinnie
02-19-2012, 08:24 PM
I will always have a special place for all 3 mountains! Ever since the trip when Stacey (the lovely gal on the Disney Park channel in the hotel) recommended the "Triple Mountain Whammy."

I had to vote for Splash though, absolutely love the ride, especially at night! :minnie:

DisneyDoug2
02-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Big Thunder!

RAIDER
02-21-2012, 03:11 AM
A vote for Thunder Mountain especially when ridden at night :thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
02-21-2012, 10:33 AM
I like them all about the same. I voted for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad because I have great memories of riding it over and over again on the old E-nights the Magic Kingdom used to have. (I think they call it EMH now, but I think it was done differently.)

Anyway, my wife and I would ride it. Get back in line. And ride it again without any wait. We were like little kids.

This past year, my DD8 finally made the magic height and could ride everything in the Magic Kingdom. (She's small and was only 5 on her last visit.) Her favorite ride was clearly Space Mountain. Since I did almost all the riding with her, that is becoming my favorite mountain. Not because of the ride, but because of seeing my daughter's excitement in line.

Butters
02-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Has to be splash for me

CU Tiger
02-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Even though Space has a sentimental place for me, Splash is my favorite and gets my vote.:thumbsup::mickey:

Gator
02-27-2012, 03:20 PM
SPLASH! A great theme from the queue to the end, great music, great animatronics, great views of the MK, and a cool thrill at the end.

ddd
02-27-2012, 08:16 PM
thunder- just wacthing my son's face when he talks about is enough

finaldynasty
02-28-2012, 08:18 PM
BTM is my son's favorite...we ride it together without his sisters and mom.

Giggy
02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
A trip to Magic Kingdom for me isn't complete without all 3 mountains, they are all awesome. Splash Mountain gets my vote for my absolute favourite though and probably as my favourite ride in the whole of WDW.

As people have already said it is the ride with everything, excellent theming, a storyline, catchy music, anamatronics, a big drop and a SPLASH. :number1:

Wolf
02-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Its the fastest ride in the WILDERNESSSS

Pop Centurion
03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Splash Mountain for me because it follows the Song of the South Story line so well. Plus IMO it's more pleasing visually.

iluvdumbo
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
My first Mountain ride was Splash, so I am partial to that. I love the experience of the adventures of Brier Rabbit and getting soaked at the end. The others are good rides too, but Splash was my first Mountain experience.

LudwigVonDrake
03-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I would have to say Big Thunder.

CuteAsMinnie
03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Splash Mountain is always such a fun time with different experiences by day and by night!

:cool: