PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown question

DNS
02-15-2012, 01:01 PM
How hard is it to get a table outside to watch Illuminations? I'm planning to make my reservation around 8:15 or 8:30.

DVC2004
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
How hard is it to get a table outside to watch Illuminations? I'm planning to make my reservation around 8:15 or 8:30.

You can request it when you make reservations and again when you check in at the podium. They can't gaurantee of course. But, I probably wouldn't make a ressie for 8:30 since those tables will probably all be taken by then. People will still be sitting and eating or having their dessert waiting for the show. I would shoot for 7:30, 7:45, or 8:00 (8 being the latest).

We have been able to do this a few times and it's spectacular. However alot of other people have the same idea.

A few weeks ago we had an 8:15 at Hacienda and we did get a window seat, but we were told people come as early as 6pm and wait to watch Illuminations at 9! I don't think Disney should allow that- that's kind of ridiculous, 3 hours? No wonder it's hard to get reservations these day (if that was true).

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-15-2012, 01:53 PM
We've made our reservations for 7:15pm or 7:30pm and have been lucky enough to get outside seats.

But, even if you don't, you can go out and watch on the patio, they will keep your table waiting inside for you :)

SBETigg
02-15-2012, 02:33 PM
I agree that it's unlikely a table will be open if you reserve for after 8. People who are seated in the 7-8 time frame are usually there for the show and planning to stay parked for the entire thing, sometimes dragging out their meals to make the timing work. Rose and Crown did, in fact, at one time (not sure if they still do) post a time limit on tables of two hours to make sure people weren't abusing the seating for Illuminations viewing. It was recommended and probably not strictly enforced because how can you gracefully ask diners to leave at a time limit?

I think a 7:20-7:45 ADR will more likely result in a patio seating, but again- it's not a guarantee and they do have a viewing area if it doesn't work out as planned.

NJGIRL
02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
When it's cold outside it's easy. No one wants to sit outside and eat in the cold (at least when we were there last year that was the case). When it's nice outside everyone wants to be out there.

The management there (My personal experience) is not very good. I think getting an outside table on a nice night will be pure luck.

DNS
02-15-2012, 03:22 PM
I am certainly glad I asked. I never would have thought to make the ADR that early. It would be nice if Epcot and the Studios would do something similar to MK with a dessert party. Or a snack party. Some kind of treats with priority seating for the night shows.
Thanks everyone for your help!!:mickey:

Lynn J Mc
02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
And if they are as slow as they have been when we have been there - it will take you 2 hours to eat.