PDA

View Full Version : Kids Say the Darndest Things- Disney Edition

Georgesgirl1
02-15-2012, 07:11 AM
We were at Disney last month. Every night when we headed back to Old Key West, ODS would say, "We are going back to sleep in Mickey's Clubouse!"

He also calls the mass transit system in Atlanta "the monorail."

What are the cute things your child has said about Disney?

Basket Mommy
02-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Our family calls Spaceship Earth "The Jesus Ride" since that's what our oldest, now 13, called it the first time she rode it at age 3 1/2. We also sometimes call it the Weinie Roast, because that's what our 11 YO son called it when he was about 3 (Rome burning smelled like a weiner roast to him.)

buzznwoodysmom
02-15-2012, 10:44 AM
My youngest called Chip and Dale, Chip and Dip for years.

Also from my youngest, the Tree of Life was the "Kill Tree". He thought the tree had killed all the animals that are carved into it. As an animal lover, he never really liked that tree. And we always thought it so funny that he called the Tree of LIFE the KILL tree.

My oldest still refers to the Polynesian Resort as Ohana's. Ever since he was little when we talked about the Polynesian he never knew what resort we were talking about until we said "you know, where Ohana's is".

Speaking of the Polynesian, when my 10 year old DS was much younger he'd say "Polynesian to the flag of the United States of America". We still get a kick out of that one, and he still says it each time we enter the Polynesian grounds.

And one of my favorite Disney moments was from our very first trip when oldest DS was just 2 years old. He was so proud of his Mickey ears and every time we saw Mickey that week, whether it be during a meet and greet, during a parade, watching a show, he'd say "Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse, I have ears just like you". That was like his running line for the entire trip!

And when they were younger they both called the Peoplemover, the Blue Train.

The Contemporary was known as the Monorail hotel.

Ahh the memories!!!!!!!!!!

brownie
02-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Our oldest son was 2.5 when Disney started advertising Disney's California Adventure. Whenever he saw the commercial, he would refer to it as 'Disney's California', dropping the Adventure from the name.

clausjo
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
And when they were younger they both called the Peoplemover, the Blue Train.

The Contemporary was known as the Monorail hotel.

We still refer to the peoplemover as the Blue Train and the Contemporary is very often called the Monorail hotel!

Kairi_7378
02-15-2012, 07:10 PM
My son called the people mover "the space train," and Space Mountan was the "Space Castle." On our last trip, our first park was Epcot and as the bus pulled into the parking lot he screamed "GOLF BALL!!!!!"

When we visited the princesses, he ran up to Belle and announced, "The Beast breaks things!" like a toddler who likes to tattle. And when he met Snow White, he flapped his arms and exclaimed, "I rode the Figment ride!" instead of the "Hi Snow White" that we had practiced.

disney obsessed
02-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Snow White and the seven dorks.

she had no clue....

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-16-2012, 12:01 AM
My youngest was 4 when he first visited. WeMy had just gone to the pet store the week before we headed to WDW. While at the pet store, the owner proceeded to show off a new shipment of mice and told my son all about how they pee and poop anywhere they want and all the time.
So what were his first words to Mickey Mouse?? "I hope YOU know how to use the bathroom. You are too big to pee and poop anywhere you want to." He's now 14 and we've not let him live that one down.

Joannelet
02-16-2012, 07:50 AM
My youngest was 4 when he first visited. WeMy had just gone to the pet store the week before we headed to WDW. While at the pet store, the owner proceeded to show off a new shipment of mice and told my son all about how they pee and poop anywhere they want and all the time.
So what were his first words to Mickey Mouse?? "I hope YOU know how to use the bathroom. You are too big to pee and poop anywhere you want to." He's now 14 and we've not let him live that one down.
Very cute! Too funny!

My son was 2 in may when we went. He considers Animal Kingdom Lodge as all of Disney World and refers to the entire thing as Animal Kingdom. He says to me literally almost every day, Mommy I need to go to Animal kingdom like right now!

Melanie
02-16-2012, 07:58 AM
My youngest son went to WDW for the first time when he was 3. He called the parking lots trams 'tramps' :blush: and we still jokingly refer to them as that to this day.

He would have been happy to just have ridden the tramps and trains (monorails) on that trip. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
02-16-2012, 08:06 AM
My youngest son went to WDW for the first time when he was 3. He called the parking lots trams 'tramps' :blush: and we still jokingly refer to them as that to this day.

He would have been happy to just have ridden the tramps and trains (monorails) on that trip. :mickey:

That's hysterical!

Jeri
02-16-2012, 09:28 AM
When my youngest son was 4 (8 now) he saw the little signs on the rides that shows to hold your kids hands and no standing up. He thought the picture showing you not to stand up was telling you No dancing!

So now we always say "No dancing" whenever we see those signs.

Mickey'sGirl
02-16-2012, 09:44 AM
When my youngest son was 4 (8 now) he saw the little signs on the rides that shows to hold your kids hands and no standing up. He thought the picture showing you not to stand up was telling you No dancing!

So now we always say "No dancing" whenever we see those signs.Our youngest son (now 8 as well) used to say "Why no High 5's". Hilarious. :mickey:

DVC2004
02-16-2012, 05:14 PM

LOL, sounds like my son, too. He's almost 15 now, but when he was little he would always sing: "Dance, dance, dance! Dance, dance, dance!" whenever we were at WDW. It took us a little time to finally figure out he was talking about the no sticking your arms out of the ride signs. After that would always get in the ride and say, "No bad dancing. Ever." :)

DVC2004
02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Also from my youngest, the Tree of Life was the "Kill Tree". He thought the tree had killed all the animals that are carved into it. As an animal lover, he never really liked that tree. And we always thought it so funny that he called the Tree of LIFE the KILL tree.

OMG, I'm sorry but that is really funny! I am sure it wasn't funny to him at the time. The things kids think of! ;)

NewDVCowner
02-16-2012, 07:18 PM

That's what my family calls them - and we went to the World the first time two years ago. The youngest was 26. :mickey:

Niecyboo
02-16-2012, 11:36 PM
The first time my older 2 DDs went, she misunderstood the concept of "Hidden Mickey" and thought ANY Mickey Mouse was a "Hidden Mickey." Every time they saw a napkin, picture or yes, even Mickey himself they'd scream "I'd found a hidden Mickey!"

My DS wasn't around yet for that, but the first time he was tall enough to ride Splash Mountain, he started calling it "The Big Drop." He actually really loved it. That whole trip, whenever we asked him what he wanted to ride he'd say "The Big Drop." We still call it that sometimes. My favorite DS story though has to do with a Disney movie. We were watching Beauty and the Beast. During the "Kill the Beast" song he turned to me and said "This is where the villagers form an angry Mom."

khkymanager
02-17-2012, 05:05 PM
When my son was little, maybe 3yrs old, my husband and my daughter went on Space Mountain. So I took my son on the WEDWAY People Mover, he was so pleased with himself. I told him it was the little kids Space Mountain, and that it was called the WEDWAY People Mover. Well when my DS and DD caught up with us my DS was so excited he was yelling, "Dad guess what I went on the "ONE WAY PEOPLE MOVER!"." And til this day we ride the ONE WAY PEOPLE MOVER everytime we go to the World. By the way we still refer to this attraction by that name and my DS is 26 now.:funny: