PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break

Brian J
02-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Hi all,

I'm thinking about heading down to Disney World for a week or so around March 23 of this year. Will 'spring break' be in full swing then? Am I fooling myself by thinking that the parks won't be just packed full of people?

Thanks in advance!

DisneyGiant
02-14-2012, 04:03 PM
I am going around this time as well.

I don't think it will be Easter or July like crowds - but it will be moderately crowded. That's my guess!!

I have also found that you can predict how crowded they expect it to be by the posted park hours for the MK. MK only open to 10 pm translates into "not horribly crowded....."

DVC2004
02-14-2012, 05:36 PM
It will be crowded- the crowds are pretty high end of March through April (or around Easter depending on when it falls). Our spring break up here in IL is the last week of March usually. Seems like that is true for many parts of the country. We went down one year and as the week went on, the crowds increased daily. Just be prepared, and take advantage of fast pass when you can and you won't be disappointed. I think it's the worst around Easter in terms of crowds, but any time kids are out of school it's generally pretty busy at WDW.

TinaAndGlenn
02-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Will be at DW for last part of our Florida Vacation 3/28-3/31. I have been at Easter before (also at the holidays). The worst part of large crowds is park hopping. It is near impossible! I agree with the other poster who uses park hours as a barometer for how busy the parks will be. Easter isn't until the first weekend of April, so it might start getting crowded around the 30th, but nothing like Easter week.
Pack your extra patience!

Kerry823
02-17-2012, 07:53 AM
We are going down on the 23rd of March thru the 31st. I can tell you that many schools in NY had to change their school breaks due to a change in mandatory test dates at the K-12 level. Their break is now the first week in April instead of near the end so that may have some impact for people coming in early, etc.