PDA

View Full Version : shipping water

pcoleman
02-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Several years ago I could contact Staples and have a case of water shipped to my hotel. does anyone know if any companies do this? What about garden grocer? How do you get your water. We are flying so I cannot bring it with me.

forever a child
02-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Costco ships water. Ship it a week before your arrival date and pick it up at check in.

Disney Goof
02-14-2012, 09:18 AM
We get it from Garden Grocer.

forever a child
02-14-2012, 10:09 AM
If you don't want to ship water and you want to go "green" Brita now has a great plastic travel bottle with a brita water filter at the top. I got my DD one for christmas because she always needs bottled water daily while at swim practice. She refused to drink water from the fountain at the pool and was alway buying water. I got it for her for $8 at target (it's a large sized one too, not sure how many ounces) but she hasn't bought another bottled water since then. I will be getting two new ones for us to use for our trip this winter. Since there are fountains at the parks, it should be a good way to go!

#1donaldfan
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
We've done Garden Grocer....it was easy !!:mickey:

mom2morgan
02-14-2012, 03:39 PM
If you don't want to ship water and you want to go "green" Brita now has a great plastic travel bottle with a brita water filter at the top. I got my DD one for christmas because she always needs bottled water daily while at swim practice. She refused to drink water from the fountain at the pool and was alway buying water. I got it for her for $8 at target (it's a large sized one too, not sure how many ounces) but she hasn't bought another bottled water since then. I will be getting two new ones for us to use for our trip this winter. Since there are fountains at the parks, it should be a good way to go!
that's good to know, since I just bought 2 of those at Costco - I just didn't know if they'd do much to improve the taste of the water. Can't really test it at home since our water tastes fine, but I struggle with Orlando water for sure! Only other problem is how to get COLD water without paying for it?

forever a child
02-14-2012, 03:52 PM
that's good to know, since I just bought 2 of those at Costco - I just didn't know if they'd do much to improve the taste of the water. Can't really test it at home since our water tastes fine, but I struggle with Orlando water for sure! Only other problem is how to get COLD water without paying for it?

I have not personally tested it out. But DD is very picky about her water taste/smell. I don't blame her much since the water at the pool and our city water is pretty bad tasting. We use a Brita water pitcher at home. But when I finally found the travel bottles, I had to get one to have her try it out. Problem has been solved and we sure do reduce the number of plastic bottles we go through as a result. I plan on shipping a few with her off to college too. The only down side is that the replacement filters cost about as much as the whole bottle with filter ($8) but haven't been able to gauge how long before they need replacing. Since she uses hers daily, I would assume she'll need a new filter for it shortly. So I am guess a 2/3 month life span before replacement.

LoriSan
02-16-2012, 09:37 PM
when I fly Southwest with the free bags, I just put a case in a suitcase. Then I fill that bag on the way home with souveniers. If I don't have free bags, I stuff the individual water bottles in any available space in my checked bags. You just have to keep an eye on the weight.

disneynarula
02-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I have used the Brita bottle before in Orlando. I am picky about water and I was really pleased with it. I would also fill up with ice (after asking of course) at the QS locations and then fill my bottle with water from the fountain.

We are planning on using Garden Grocer for our upcoming trip. They have some generic water that doesn't look too expensive.

alaMode
02-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I ship a case from costco.com-$8.00 shipped!