PDA

View Full Version : Embassy Suites Anaheim

DVC2004
02-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Has anyone stayed here? I am comparing options for our pre- Hawaii trip in May. We will be using our DVC points to stay at Aulani. On the way, we are stopping over at Disneyland for 3 nights. We'll be getting in later so will only need 2 day tickets. I am out of points since we used all we have for Aulani. In the past, we have always stayed onsite at either Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian.

I've stayed in Embassy before though not here. I must say the free breakfast and free cocktails nightly along with the savings for the room are attractive. But , looks like we'd have to take a shuttle to Disneyland.

Has anyone stayed here and what were your thoughts? It is also supposed to be a good neighbor hotel I read?

chrim
02-14-2012, 02:31 AM
I assume you are asking about the Embassy Suites on Harbor Boulevard in Garden Grove.

I have not stayed there, but I have stayed at the other two Hilton family properties in the same general location (all three share parking and a bus stop). The other locations were good, although the breakfast at each was not as good as most other Hampton/HGI hotels where I have stayed. They also were crowded with families. But, the rooms were fine and I didn't have any problems.

Unless things have changed, the bus between the hotel and Disneyland is part of the ART service (although, I just looked at their web site and I don't see the route for these hotels listed any more). http://www.rideart.org/schedules/

The ART is not free; you have to buy tickets per person. I think it is, at most, $4 per person round trip. The buses run about every 20 minutes and have dedicated stops near the main entrance of DL/DCA (just as close as any other shuttle bus can get).

The hotel has a desk that sells Disneyland tickets (well, multi-day tickets, at least), which is part of the "good neighbor" status. That is about all you get with that status (other than being able to book a package through the Disneyland web site).

DVC2004
02-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes, that is the one. Thank you for the info. I am still shopping around comparing a few places. We will have our 2 teen boys with us so the suites are really attractive, as is free breakfast because that is one less expense. Also I think you get early park entry now too, for good neighbor hotels? I thought I read that.

I am debating if we should stay at Paradise Pier on cash but it costs alot more, and since this is a stop over and not our "main" vacation it might be better to save that $$ to spend on stuff to do in Hawaii...

NewDVCowner
02-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Look at hotels right on Harbor Blvd. If you go to google maps you can actually get a street view and can see how close certain hotels are. The Tropicana and Best Western Park Vue are litterally right across the street from the park enterance - closer than Paradise Pier. I don't know if they have suites but I've stayed at the Tropicana with two queen beds for about $150 a night.

The Tropicana does have breakfast but it's not very good - basically cheap donuts and they charge you extra if you want cereal or a bagel. There is an IHOP right next door, though, and a Mimi's within easy walking distance.

tinkwest
02-14-2012, 12:43 PM
I have stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites on Harbor. The suite we had was super spacious. Nothing fancy by any means but very affordable and clean, with continental breakfast included. (They have an indoor pool which seems a little weird to me, but since you are headed to Hawaii that is probably not a concern to you). It is an EASY walk to the parks.

In regards to early entry with Good Neighbor hotels, remember that they are offered on select days only. At best you will probably only be adding one hour to your visit, so you may not want to base your decision only on that.