PDA

View Full Version : Park Tickets to Room Keys?

disneykidsince1970
02-13-2012, 03:09 PM
I have rented points from a DVC member to stay at BLT in April. We will be 9 people. I wanted to buy our park tickets now so as to minimize our "checking out" bill! :)

When I called Disney and gave them the reservation number, they referred me to DVC to buy the tickets - but I cannot call b/c I am not the member. (I rented the points via another site and I am not loving the mojo of our email strings so I don't want to ask the owner to call and do it).

So - I am thinking about asking my sister to purchase our tickets locally (she passes by Disney quite often), but this will mean that we all have extra "cards" to carry during the trip.

Would Guest Relations or the Resort be able to simply move the park ticket we have to the room key so we don't have to carry two cards each?

Thanks for the info everyone!.... can't imagine planning this trip w/o Intercot!! :)

NewDVCowner
02-13-2012, 03:16 PM
I have rented points from a DVC member to stay at BLT in April. We will be 9 people. I wanted to buy our park tickets now so as to minimize our "checking out" bill! :)

When I called Disney and gave them the reservation number, they referred me to DVC to buy the tickets - but I cannot call b/c I am not the member. (I rented the points via another site and I am not loving the mojo of our email strings so I don't want to ask the owner to call and do it).

So - I am thinking about asking my sister to purchase our tickets locally (she passes by Disney quite often), but this will mean that we all have extra "cards" to carry during the trip.

Would Guest Relations or the Resort be able to simply move the park ticket we have to the room key so we don't have to carry two cards each?

Thanks for the info everyone!.... can't imagine planning this trip w/o Intercot!! :)

Yes, they can. When my family went two years ago we had pre-purchased our tickets and asked them to put them onto our room keys.

HOWEVER. Of the seven of us, two of the tickets never made it to the cards, despite the fact that we were told that they had, so when two of us were trying to get into the parks they were told they didn't have a ticket. They were referred to a ticket window where it was, apparently fixed. It wasn't. They were then told they would be let into the park that day but they would need to go back to the front desk and get it straightened out that night. They went to the front desk, attempted to get it fixed, were told that it was ... same problem the next day. Eventually they just ended up with two cards, their ticket and their room key/dining plan card.

disneykidsince1970
02-13-2012, 03:20 PM
hhmm... now that I read your anecdote, I vaguely recall a similar one of my own...I cannot recall the details but there was some difficulty.

Interestingly, I just tried to buy on-line and use "will call" as delivery method (i.e., we just pick them up when we get there) but it won't let me... everytime I try to buy tickets on-line, it finds a reason to not let me - I wonder if the site has a bug?

Anway - might be good enough reason to either bother my DVC contact or ... screw it and just buy them when we get there.

floridamom
02-13-2012, 10:00 PM
I can certainly understand wanting to streamline what you carry. We are AP holders so we have resigned ourselves to carrying two sets of cards on every trip.

Since your goal in buying ahead of time is to spread out the expenditures, maybe you could purchase Disney gift cards now in the amount of your anticipated ticket costs and then apply those to your ticket purchase when you arrive. That would help minimize the check out "sticker shock." :mickey:

PopPhan
02-14-2012, 09:45 AM
We have done this before...Rented DVC points and had separate MYW tickets.....The Concierge desk at the DVC resort has no problems 'attaching' your MYW tickets to your KTTW card...It only takes a few minutes....We had also purchased the DDP for that trip and had it 'attached' to the KTTW card as well.

Janmac
02-15-2012, 08:12 AM
We have done this before...Rented DVC points and had separate MYW tickets.....The Concierge desk at the DVC resort has no problems 'attaching' your MYW tickets to your KTTW card...It only takes a few minutes....We had also purchased the DDP for that trip and had it 'attached' to the KTTW card as well.

Same here on our January 2010 trip when 6 of us stayed at VWL. We had purchased park hopper tickets through the sponsor here at Intercot. After checking in, we went to Concierge and had our park tickets attached to our room keys. We did have to have new room keys made. No one had any issues with tickets.

Another ticket problem fix: my niece has had problems in the past with her KTTW losing it's ability to work - often more than once in a day. For our 2010 trip she had one of those metal card cases and her KTTW worked every time, every day. What a relief not to be going to Guest Services at least once a day.

Jan

Urbss
02-15-2012, 06:22 PM
It wouldn't bother me to have two cards to deal with. Actually, since we always keep our cards, it would be cool to have more!! My 7 year old son has his from our last trip and ALWAYS has that and his "Test Track License" in his wallet. I think he pretends it is a credit card or something. It is kind of funny that he uses that "souvineer" more than any other.

LVT
02-29-2012, 07:11 PM
I have always bought the tickets and then had them attached to the card.

They do get easily damaged though, If you have any magnet on you, like a purse latch or magnetic clip on sun glasses, or those 2 way radios. Then you have to go back to the resort and do it again. The tickets themselves do not seem to have this trouble. :(