PDA

View Full Version : What is Photopass?

EeyoreFan
02-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Can somone give me a brief description???:mickey:

faline
02-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Disney has positioned photographers at a variety of locations throughout the parks. They are available to take photographs of your party so that no-one needs to be left out of the picture. The first time you have a picture taken, you get a card - about the size of a credit card. Each time you visit one of these photographers, they will take your picture and then scan your information onto your card. When you get home, you can visit the photopass web site, view all your shots and purchase a CD, photobook or other picture items. The CD is available for pre-purchase at a discounted rate.

EeyoreFan
02-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks!

:thanks:

Main Street Jim
02-13-2012, 04:52 PM
You can also stop by the PhotoPass kiosks near each park's entrance/exit on your way out to view your pictures before you actually leave the park :)

Urbss
02-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Also,

If multiple people in your party get PhotoPass cards, they can all be added to the same on-line account.

My family always pre-orders the CD for a huge discount and it is more than worth it. We always get as many pictures as we can and end up with at least 2 CD's full of pictures with different combinations of people in the pictures.

Also, if you let the photographer know that you pre-ordered the CD, some of them will take extra photos for you. Last year my in-laws took our son to do some Kim Possible which left my wife and I alone to partake in some wine tasting. We were in Italy and saw a (very bored looking) PP photographer and told him we already purchased the CD. He dragged us all over the Italy pravilion and took more than 2 dozen pictures. It was awesome!!

Also, make sure you take a picture of the back of your photopass card with your camera and cell phone in case you loose the card!!

MasterGracey
02-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know what kind of cameras they're using now? The first time I used photo pass they were using dslr type cameras. But the last time I saw on of the photographers with a point and shoot mounted to an external flash grip.

mickclub1955
02-13-2012, 08:42 PM
they were using very nice Nikon dslr cameras last week.

Briansmom
02-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Also, once you view your pictures and buy the cd (we always prepay for the discount, too!), you can add different frames and enhancements etc to each picture....as many as you want. You can also upload any pictures you take with your own camera to your account and they will put those on the cd as well.

And if you go to any of the special parties, MNSSHP, etc, they also have special effects Photopass pictures which are really cool! :ghost:

We love the Photopass!! :mickey:

mickclub1955
02-14-2012, 09:04 PM
We prepurchased the highend package this last trip. It includes the CD and the book. You have to go in and create your book. We received ours yesterday and it was well worth the $149.00 prepurchase. :thumbsup: