PDA

View Full Version : cribs

Tank3434
02-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Since this will be my first trip wih a toddler Im just curious what are the best sleeping arrangemens for a 17 month old? Im assuming he will still be in a crib. We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge do they provide some kind of decent crib? Sorry first trip with a little one so I know I, entereing a whoe new world!!:mickey:

Pastcastmemberdaughter
02-12-2012, 10:51 PM
We just got back from staying at the Poly Club Level last week. When we asked for a crib all we got was a pack and play with a very thin "mattress". I was kinda disappointed. The previous night we stayed at a chain hotel in Jacksonville and we got a full on crib. It was a very nice one and then to get a pack and play at club level was a let down. Our baby boy who sleeps through the night at 7 months old couldn't sleep in it. So we ended up letting him sleep in the bed beside us surrounded by pillows. It was the only way any of us could get more than an hour or two of sleep.

My advice...If you have something you can take, it's probably best that you do.

Mickey'sGirl
02-13-2012, 09:28 AM
At that age, we would put our boys into bed and request bedrails. A more comfortable option for sure! :thumbsup:

faline
02-13-2012, 09:34 AM
I also know there are area baby supply companies which will provide rental baby equipment such as cribs and strollers.

DizneyRox
02-13-2012, 09:40 AM
The pack and play is small... We did bed rails without problems. I've heard some resorts have full size cribs, but never seen one. When mentioned, they are limited and first come first served, so not a reliable option at all.

AgentC
02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
I got a crib once at the Poly. It was a very basic wood crib. For our other trips I only recall seeing pak and plays. After my children hit 1, I put them in a bed with bed rails. It was easier and more comfortable for everyone,

BrerGnat
02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
If you're not comfortable with doing bed rails, and the pack and play is not adequate for your needs, you can always fold up a blanket and make a little "bed" on the floor for your child to sleep on. We had to do this once when we checked into a hotel (not Disney) and had a 3+ hour wait for a crib to be brought to our room. Our little one (6 months at the time) needed a nap, so we made him up a little bed in the corner of the room.

Use bed rails with caution at that age! If your kid is an active sleeper, there is nothing preventing him from falling off the foot of the bed and the beds at WL are really high!

cardinalsfan_98
02-13-2012, 01:30 PM
We used A Baby's Best Friend two times. A quick internet search for that will show you the link. Both times we used ABBF, the cribs where full-sized, clean and in good condition. Linens are provided, but we opted to bring our own so there was a "smell" of home in the crib. You do have to put the crib together, but it requires no tools and goes pretty quickly. Bell services brings and picks up the box to your room. ABBF is highly recommended:thumbsup:!

Tank3434
02-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks for that tip I will look it up! I def prefer a crib over a pack and play and Im not sure if I would feel comfortable with him sleeping in bed with me. Guess I just assumed the WL would provide me with a decent crib.

Madzac
02-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Our last trip my DS was 17 months old and we also rented from A baby's best friend. It was great! The crib was at bell services at the WL when we arrived. It was easy to put together and a full sized crib with mickey bedding. It worked perfectly. On our last day we simply took it down and the bell man took it back to bell services for them to pick up. It wasnt terribly expensive and well worth any money. I would do it again in a heartbeat! :)

disneynarula
02-25-2012, 09:24 AM
It looks like they even rent out toddler beds! Thanks for the information. We might use this for our trip in January.

Disney Doll
02-25-2012, 10:19 AM
I've only ever seen pack n plays usually Graco. We always just put the kids in bed with us. Sleeping in an unfamiliar place was easier if they had the comfort of mom and dad.