PDA

View Full Version : drug store

tomatoe pie
02-12-2012, 05:30 PM
i don't know if this is the correct place for this or not.

i wish disney would have a regulation drug store at down town disney. i have had to pay a large price for taxies to drug stores in orlando on more than one occasion to pick up a :ill:prescription, and for just over the counter cold and cough medication. it was an unexpected occurrence, but i know that must happen to other guests also.

when you do not know the area you don't know which drug store to have the dr. call in the prescription for you. i once spent over $100.00 :(on taxies to pick up my medicine.

does anyone else see a need for this on disney property????

BrerGnat
02-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. WDW resort is like a small city. People are getting sick a LOT! However, I also believe it would feel kind of odd to have one actually ON property. I'm sure CVS, Walgreens, and the like have tried. The closest they have gotten is The Crossroads, I believe.

Main Street Jim
02-12-2012, 06:01 PM
EVERY resort merchandise store will have the over-the-counter meds you need :)

They don't keep them out on the "main floor", though (obviously); you just have to ask a CM for them :)

I *know* Port Orleans Riverside, Ft. Wilderness, Contemporary, and Yacht/Beach Club all have stuff.

Oh - and if you ever need directions to area drug stores...just ask :) There's PLENTY of Walgreen's nearby.

Oh - and for prescription stuff, Florida CentraCare just outside of Downtown Disney on SR 535 will transport you from your resort. :thumbsup:

brownie
02-13-2012, 12:16 PM
According to the Birnbaum's Guide, Turner Drugs (407-303-4000) will deliver to the Walt Disney World resorts. According to their website, the fee is $7.50, which is probably a lot cheaper than cab fare.

Ed
02-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Turner Drugs has been providing this service for many years. They are very reliable and prompt in filling and delivering your prescriptions and other healthcare materials. They used to be located on Apopka-Vineland Road (SR535) just north of Hotel Plaza Blvd., but have now moved into a new location in Celebration. Their website lists a different phone number - - (407) 828-8125.

Jeri
02-16-2012, 09:38 AM
We used Turner Drugs once when my son needed more meds for an ear infection.
It works great. My dr called the meds in to them, I had already called and talked to them, given them all our info about allergies, ect.
They delieved them to Pop Century front desk, Pop just paid for it and charged our room. It really works great. The only thing is they don't deal with your insurance so you have to pay out of pocket & submit it yourself.
They also asked us if we needed any over the counter meds too. I was very impressed with them. :thumbsup:

Patricia
02-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Great topic.

I've actually had a Doctor come to my resort room, the prescription delivered and a free fridge supplied by Disney to keep the meds in. As stated, I paid out of pocket and submitted the insurance papers myself when I returned home.

We have also needed cold, headache and allergy meds on various trips. When I don't have a car, I have always asked for them at the resort gift shops.

When in medical need, call your front desk. They were responsible for sending a Doctor to my room, saving me from dragging a sick child around in a taxi.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I was going to say, go through your resort for help. When DD got sick we were staying at GF. our doctor called in to pharmacy who delivered, and all I had to do was open our door when the concierge knocked! $25 total! It had been quietly added to our bill, and we were very grateful.